how do you prepare for matches

• Thread starter Thread starter banger93
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2K

banger93

Reaction score
just having a look few peoples stories and they always mention about preparing before a match. i usually just check the report to see what formation they concede the most against and if its one of my two i go with that, but i just want to know how i can go into more depth with my preparing.

This is something I'd really like help with too.

Sometimes I look at the squad depth, see who is best rated by the Scout and then compare that with the last team that played so I can effectively guessed who will start based on injuries etc. From that I might play a really fast striker if the defense is overtly slow but beyond that I don't know what to make of the Opposition Report.

Personally, one thing i always always do. Two days before a game, i go onto the opposition squad, top left i select their 'mental' attributes and sort the whole team out by their Determination.

After ordering them by their determination (low to high), i pick 3 first time players with the lowest determination (15 or below)

I then 'talk to press' and under 'match performance' i Assertively point them out as the 'weakest link' for the next match.

Then the next day (day before the match) they'll talk to press and say "i can't get the comments ..... said out of my head, i'm not looking forward to the next match"

This way when it comes to match day, their morale will be 'poor' or even worse, so they'll be prone to making lots of errors!!
OR even better, the manager will drop them from the squad because he doesnt want someone who's not looking forward to playing on the pitch :)

This works everytime for me, i do the same routine before everygame, picking on the weakest psychological players so they'll either make mistakes during the game or be dropped altogether.

Doesn't matter what team as long as their determination is low you'll always dent them mentally.

I've used it to great advantage against big clubs (Man C/Barca etcetc) They've always got one or two with low determination.

It's a good way to get rid of a couple of their players and/or get them to change tactics or play less skilled players

:D

Personally, one thing i always always do. Two days before a game, i go onto the opposition squad, top left i select their 'mental' attributes and sort the whole team out by their Determination.

After ordering them by their determination (low to high), i pick 3 first time players with the lowest determination (15 or below)

I then 'talk to press' and under 'match performance' i Assertively point them out as the 'weakest link' for the next match.

Then the next day (day before the match) they'll talk to press and say "i can't get the comments ..... said out of my head, i'm not looking forward to the next match"

This way when it comes to match day, their morale will be 'poor' or even worse, so they'll be prone to making lots of errors!!
OR even better, the manager will drop them from the squad because he doesnt want someone who's not looking forward to playing on the pitch :)

This works everytime for me, i do the same routine before everygame, picking on the weakest psychological players so they'll either make mistakes during the game or be dropped altogether.

Doesn't matter what team as long as their determination is low you'll always dent them mentally.

I've used it to great advantage against big clubs (Man C/Barca etcetc) They've always got one or two with low determination.

It's a good way to get rid of a couple of their players and/or get them to change tactics or play less skilled players

I did occasionally do this but I didn't realise it could be used more than once, thanks!

that is a very good tip kj94, I do something similar each game as well :)

That's a really good strategy man, i've not thought of doing it like that really I only ever pick on a few players here n there...combining that with your oppnents weakest tactics and finding their physical weaknesses would be extremely effective so thanks for the tip bro (H)

That's a really good strategy man, i've not thought of doing it like that really I only ever pick on a few players here n there...combining that with your oppnents weakest tactics and finding their physical weaknesses would be extremely effective so thanks for the tip bro (H)

Happy to help :)

To me, that would feel borderline cheating because it doesn't happen that frequently in real life, and I like to play as realistically as possible.

I like to check the types of goal that opposition score and concede as this gives me a good indication of how to attack and defend them. Obviouslyy this can also help with your match prep, and I often exploit opposition weaknesses using set pieces this way. Also, it's important to big up your best/lowest morale players in the press conferences and look at the ppm's of their best players so you know if they will cut inside, run with the ball often, try to break the offside trap etcetc then you can plan accordingly.

Thank you so much guys! really helped! i think examing the other teams in the league and playing to there weaknesses will keep me up this year im going to use every ones suggestions! seens really good though! im currently brentford just been promoted in first season via automatic promotion , so im looking to be tactical this year by not having much money and the quality players but to win as a team if you get me?

To me, that would feel borderline cheating because it doesn't happen that frequently in real life, and I like to play as realistically as possible.

I like to check the types of goal that opposition score and concede as this gives me a good indication of how to attack and defend them. Obviouslyy this can also help with your match prep, and I often exploit opposition weaknesses using set pieces this way. Also, it's important to big up your best/lowest morale players in the press conferences and look at the ppm's of their best players so you know if they will cut inside, run with the ball often, try to break the offside trap etcetc then you can plan accordingly.

Well if Raikan does it then, can't be that bad :p ;)

Its just psycological warfare tbh, doesnt work on every player in every team as irl. Only works on those with low Det.

Each to their own :D

yeah gonna try it out must be better then what i do atm anyway ;) haha is that all you do before games? do you search through the oppositions players? find out whos fast and slow?

yeah gonna try it out must be better then what i do atm anyway ;) haha is that all you do before games? do you search through the oppositions players? find out whos fast and slow?

Yeah i still check out team players, for example, i look at a team full backs, and if they've got poor pace and tackling, i'll focus my passing down the flanks because 9/10 my wingers will get past them and create chances.

I find out when they score/concede the most, the period where they score most i defend, period where they concede most i attack.

Opposition instructions i instruct my players to show the opposition onto their weaker foot, not the setting 'weaker foot' but actually manually selecting right or left foot.

This is something I'd really like help with too.

Sometimes I look at the squad depth, see who is best rated by the Scout and then compare that with the last team that played so I can effectively guessed who will start based on injuries etc. From that I might play a really fast striker if the defense is overtly slow but beyond that I don't know what to make of the Opposition Report.

My real name is Jean-Luc

sounds good defo need to try this all out, thanks alot kj94c. who are you managing atm?

tried it out this morn and the players kept saying, ben clargo keeps repaeating himself?

tried it out this morn and the players kept saying, ben clargo keeps repaeating himself?

Im managing Man U atm. Hmmm, you only use it once before a match day on the same player, don't use it continually on the same player more than once before a game.

Also make sure you use it only on the players on the team yr about to play.

Plus you can't use it on the same players every week because they will turn around and say that.

Make sure you have a good gap of a month or more before you use it again on the same player.

What was the situation where they said about you repeating yrself?

I get the same reply too sometimes. Its 80% effective most of the time.

What did you say to the player? How frequent did you call him the weakest link?

Basically, don't say the same thing to the same players in a short space of time. Otherwise they will reply about you 'repeating yrself' :)

no i said it once to them the day before the game or 2 days before the game i said it on there 3 lowest determination but used the 3 options and like they all said it but i done it against brighton and there right back replied badly saying what you expected him to say but the other 2 said im repeating myself but ive never said it to him before??

Back