How do you train your young players?

• Thread starter Thread starter Crokie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5K

Crokie

Reaction score
I genarally have a few good promising young stars in my squad but my problem is i dont really have a method of training them that works and i dont want to send most of them on loan but they rarely get first team experience. So does anyone have any TRIED and TESTED methods of training yound wonderkids like Lukaku?

play them mate, tried and tested ;)

what i do occasionally and what does work is that you MUST sub on your future stars every game even if it is for a minute right at the end <) this goes down as an appearance and his stats will improve over the season alot more than sending him out on loan to a club that has a worse training facility than you and wont play him at all really...

or find a club that WILL guarentee him 1st team football and send him there...

OK will do luckily Torres is injured for 3 weeks so now Lukaku will get first team for a while, who is better in the first season Lukaku or Adrian?

Adrian from Deportivo Adrian??

Answer: Adrian by a country Mile :D

play them mate, tried and tested ;)

what i do occasionally and what does work is that you MUST sub on your future stars every game even if it is for a minute right at the end <) this goes down as an appearance and his stats will improve over the season alot more than sending him out on loan to a club that has a worse training facility than you and wont play him at all really...

or find a club that WILL guarentee him 1st team football and send him there...

Actually, that's something I didn't know, I thought the important things for match progression were as follows:

- Level of opposition
- His rating in the match

I always thought both were combined, so you couldn't loan a top player like Pjanic out to the Brazillian league and have him rock 8.5s all season for huge progression in stats.

If it's just one minute then it makes a lot more sense why the AI managers always use three subs, where in 'real life' it's rare to change a defending team when they're playing well, for example. Do you have any information as to how much progression is from an app itself and how much is from a good performance?

I use Raikan's technique mostly.

But, I also make my own training when i'm bored, works better than the average training :)

A sub, no matter how short will always generate experience. However I do think a youngster will benefit more if he's involved longer in the match, so the more dribbles, tackles, goals/shots, the more experience. But that's just my idea, I don't really have confirmation on that. Does anyone do??
For the rest a good training program (best is a program specific for that youngster) does wonders and i try to tutor my youngsters as much as possible.
For instance i bought Lukaku with my barcelona game in the first season, i let Ibrahimovich tutor him and made a special training program for him and played/subbed him a lot. The second season I bought Drogba especially to tutor Lukaku (and for the fact that he's just a great striker aswell) and now in the beginning of the third season his stats have exploded and he finds the net almomst every game.

Btw a bit off topic: With fm genie scout you can see the max potential of a players stats, I tried it for lukaku and they werent that great. And I'm sure I've seen screenshots of a grown up Lukaku with better stats then the ones genie scout showed me. Is the program wrong or can players exceed their potential??

Some Training and if he is not getting too much first-team football,a loan for half a season

What I do in 1st team matches is:

I take the youth player with the best average rating (so far) and I put him in the starting eleven, and the youth-players with the 2nd and 3rd best rating (so far) gets a place on the bench :) That method have been doing wonders for me ;)

Rating alone can be difficult, though. If you have quality youngsters, the formation for your reserves will dictate who gets the goals (and thus who gets the high ratings). If you have a quality defensive performance it's rare to see central defenders much over 8.0, whereas strikers who bang in a couple sit at 8.0 without doing much else in a game.

The best thing for me is to look at players who are Determined or Professional as well as having potential, tutor them with your best players for high Determination and Work Rate and slowly mould them by giving them first team apps.

I am frustrated with the loan system though, Lukaku went to Arsenal on loan for first team football (and he's banging them in with RvP), but his stats seem pretty static despite his match experience and Arsenal's quality youth setup. I took the judgement that he could either sit in my reserves for another season being tutored, or I could buy another 15 year old to train up with the teacher and let him play first team for a big club, as he's good enough to do so but can't get in my team yet with me playing a single striking slot.

Same with some of my other talented youngsters on loan, they've actually lost value (dont know about stats) and they're playing every game.

Adrian from Deportivo Adrian??

Answer: Adrian by a country Mile :D

I disagree, Adrian has scored more but i find he doesnt play as well. I guess hes older and more experienced but Lukaku is my main penalty taker and hes got more potential so i tend to play him more. Does Adrian get any better becuase he hasent improved in half a season and soon he will be worse than lukaku on stats. Im using 10.3 so Lukaku is better than in 10.1, ill try Adrian out but if he doesnt perform well ill probably sell him off.

Btw a bit off topic: With fm genie scout you can see the max potential of a players stats, I tried it for lukaku and they werent that great. And I'm sure I've seen screenshots of a grown up Lukaku with better stats then the ones genie scout showed me. Is the program wrong or can players exceed their potential??

Did you saw that "Progress Rate" thingy below Potential Ability? If it's more than 2 and a half star it is bound to outgrow the potential attributes shown by the programme.

Back