how long does it take you to create a tactic ? and how do you know its working ?

dannyrefc

Reaction score
hello guys, got two questions that id like to hear from you all about these !

1. how long does it take you to create a tactic ? (from starting out to were you are confident enough that you dont need to change anything)

2. how do you know when your tactic is ''complete'' and what do you look for ?

i hope to hear from as many people as possible!, ive been creating a 4-2-3-1 with my everton side and im 3/4 of the way through my first season, still not very happy with it so just looking for wether im fighting a loosing battle with this or to keep plugging away and tweaking, thanks guys

1. seconds to minutes really. since i most of the time only play arsenal, then i know the team and know which tactic suits better.
2. if ur winning games and doing as u want it to do, then it works. like having a good run of games, and opposition damination ;) :)

have u been losing so far with ur current tactic. ? and how badly ?

Last edited:
1. First I take a look at my squad. Make the tactic fit your squad not the other way round! For example Man City has a lot of creative players, then 4-2-3-1 fit them well. Then I choose what type of style I want my team to play (attacking or possession one,for instance) . It took me about 10 games but even sometimes I'm not convinced enough because sometimes you'll dominate 1 match, but the next match you'll struggle! This game is quite something!
2. Like my post above whether I choose to play attacking or possession one, if I choose to play a possession tactic, if you dominate possession for most of your match then it's fair to say it's working already.

Nice thread btw! I'm interested in looking for other's response especially the no 2:D

Seconds to create, possibly months (irl) to perfect

and whether I win, complete objectives(certain possession, passes completed, goals scored etc..)

:)

I tend to find a tactic works as soon as you get more highlights. More of the ball, More chances and more goals.
Id probably say it takes about 6 games to create a tactic from start to finish. By the end of 6 games you start to realise if it works or not. Remember offence wins games but defence wins championships so make sure your defence is solid, you dont want to be conceding too many chances a game. When you play the better sides youll get slaughtered.

1. seconds to minutes really. since i most of the time only play arsenal, then i know the team and know which tactic suits better.
2. if ur winning games and doing as u want it to do, then it works. like having a good run of games, and opposition damination ;) :)

have u been losing so far with ur current tactic. ? and how badly ?

hey mate, sounds a fair plan that , im not exactly loosing, i draw quite a bit or only win by one or so , cant really get my striker to score but im working on that, i want to create more CCC than i do at the min so just gonna stick with it !

1. First I take a look at my squad. Make the tactic fit your squad not the other way round! For example Man City has a lot of creative players, then 4-2-3-1 fit them well. Then I choose what type of style I want my team to play (attacking or possession one,for instance) . It took me about 10 games but even sometimes I'm not convinced enough because sometimes you'll dominate 1 match, but the next match you'll struggle! This game is quite something!
2. Like my post above whether I choose to play attacking or possession one, if I choose to play a possession tactic, if you dominate possession for most of your match then it's fair to say it's working already.

Nice thread btw! I'm interested in looking for other's response especially the no 2:D

thanks mate, i thought it would be a good idea as seeing how other people do things helps quite a bit i think and we can all give each other a bit of advice ! , i agree with you sometimes i feel like its clicking and other times i just think why have use gone back to old ways haha ! its fun though !

Seconds to create, possibly months (irl) to perfect

and whether I win, complete objectives(certain possession, passes completed, goals scored etc..)

:)

ahhhhhh laffles, the one who i always used to think , ' how the f**k does he keep making these tactics , you are a tactical god in my eyes, stick around on this thread if you can mate help a lot of people out with your skills haha :p

Iv just finished my 2nd season with everton, i initially used a 4-4-1-1 bt then moved to the 4-2-3-1. In the first season i won the fa cup and finished in europa league places in the league. 2nd season i won the league and league cup. But even after what i would call a very good two season i am always tweaking my tactic in places, different players need different roles and player instructions then need changed. For instance if i was to bring on phil neville to replace leighton baines i would have to adjust the player setting to suit neville because him and baines are two completely different players... Plus different opposition will mean you might decide to play deeper or narrower.

My tactics are always based on famous teams from the past, so after doing the research in how the team played it dosen't take to long after that. Getting it right, and tweaking it takes a long time. And you know its successful when you get plenty of CCC's

yeah they all sound like good answers ! think im gonna stick with it till i get it right ! any other opinions ??