How many of each position do i need?

I usually have a backup striker, CB, GK, then versatile players or youngsters to cover the centre and FB roles.

I have

Gk - 3

Lb - 2/3

Rb - 2/3

Cb - 4/5

Cm - 4/5

Aml - 4

Amr - 4

amc - 3/4

s -3/4

I have

Gk - 2

Lb - 2

Rb - 2

Cb - 4

Cm - 5

Ml - 2

Mr - 2

St -4

And also 3 or 4 future stars like balotelli, Santon etc who can play in more than one position

I always do 3 for each position, a fantastic player (first choice), a nearly fantastic player (2nd choice) and a good player (3rd choice). Ofc fantastic is totally related to your club, league, finances and position.

Good question.

Have at least 2 for each position, but remember its always good to have players who can play in various positions, for example, a Left back who can also play left mid. But aim to have at least 2 for each position. Strikers have about 2/3 main, a 4th backup. 2 GK, 3 CB, 4 wingers, 3/4 mids (2 att. 2 defend).

It depends on your current squad really, but also remember to have a nice balance of left/right footed players and some who can do set pieces.

i have two player in each position, 3 goalkeepers. and then have young players around that to fill in if one of my first two choices get injured.

but an important thing is to have many versatile players, eg reo-coker

I generally run with a minimum squad of 22 and a maximum of 25. It's good to have cover of at least 2 players for each position. If I do run more in a certain position though it's usually 5 Strikers cause I play with 2 Strikers So I like to carry the fith Striker in cas of suspensions, injuries and such.

You have to be careful not to upset players though. If you have 5 good strikers who all want to start, you have to make sure they all get to play - rotate it round a bit, that's what I do.

I tend to have:

GK: one main team, one oldie and one future prospect
LB: one main team, one versatile and maybe a back up
RB: one main team, one versatile and maybe a back up
CB: two main team, one versatile, one back up, one future prospect
CM: three interchangable main team, one future prospect and one versatile
AML/ML: one main team, one future prospect, maybe a back up
AMR/MR: one main team, one future prospect, maybe a back up
ST: three interchangable main team, one back up, one future prospect.

With the versatile players it could be like Santon for example who can play anywhere up the right, so he would cover the versatile spot for all those positions, or maybe a Cm who can play AMC and DM or a defender who can play RB and LB equally efficient.

I have

Gk - 2/3

Lb - 2/3
Versatile
Rb - 2/3

Cb - 4

Cm - 4

Aml - 3
versatile
Amr - 3

amc - 1/2

s -3/4

I keep my squad small. So the starting 11, 7 subs and like 2 players after that. Hate large squads, can't keep them all happy. And since I haven't had a major injury issue then it works. :)

Back