How much cash to start a team with?

GaryStrikers

Reaction score
I'm working on a mod where the teams will have no players at the outset. I don't want them to be filthy rich, but I want them to have enough money to buy their initial players. Can someone suggest a starting amount of money?

I'm making a second division for the U.S. Teams will have prestige between 750 and 3500 and attendance between 250 and 5000. Competition prestige level will be 6. Status semi-professional.

Awesome, thanks for your prompt reply. I think I'll do minimum=$500K maximum=$10M. I know that's a wide range for teams competing at the same level, but that's going to be the nature of the mod.

In my opinion I think 15-20 million will be good but its your choice,are you also going to empty the teams of backroom staff?

In my opinion I think 15-20 million will be good but its your choice,are you also going to empty the teams of backroom staff?

They're going to be new teams, so they won't have any backroom staff to empty. What I'm trying to do is invent a better structure for the Level 2 and lower US leagues, that will be more fun to play for U.S. fans and more financially viable in the game. Have you ever run a U.S. game for 20 years or so? After awhile almost all the non-MLS teams are drowning in debt.

I've also noticed that teams that are created with no players seem to get a fully stocked team of regens anyway, so maybe they don't need as much cash at the outset. I will experiment and post here if I discover anything that might be useful to other modders.

They're going to be new teams, so they won't have any backroom staff to empty. What I'm trying to do is invent a better structure for the Level 2 and lower US leagues, that will be more fun to play for U.S. fans and more financially viable in the game. Have you ever run a U.S. game for 20 years or so? After awhile almost all the non-MLS teams are drowning in debt.

I've also noticed that teams that are created with no players seem to get a fully stocked team of regens anyway, so maybe they don't need as much cash at the outset. I will experiment and post here if I discover anything that might be useful to other modders.
personally I'd give them some operating cash, nothing more, let 'em earn it!!! $100K

Back