How realistic are salaries in FM 2013?

• Thread starter Thread starter Elthian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

Elthian

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here, not really that much into fora in general, but I'm a passionate FM 2013 player. Anyway, my question is perhaps a bit uncommon: how realistic are wages in FM 2013? I'm doing a research project on the feasibility of professional football in a Dutch province, and as a part of that I want to make a financial analysis, but I have no idea what staff and players earn in a low Dutch division. I will have meetings with the boards of several clubs so I can find out most of the info from that, but if FM wages are actually quite realistic, that would be a very easy way to provide an estimation...

Hope the question is clear (and that someone knows the answer :))

Cheers

I assume FM are around 90-95% spot on mate

It may just be easier using Fm as a tool instead

I believe, as you load the game as it is with its default database starting year 2012, player wages are pretty realistic as they are in real life. Key players and high end players playing for top clubs have exact if not almost accurate wages (In time of when game released).
But lower the leagues it becomes less accurate for those that do not really have public data at the time.

As for staff members, only the more well known have accurate wages.

I find them a touch unrealistic at times...

I've just signed Beckham on a free for Mansfield. He accepted 8 grand a week :s

Beckham not getting any other offers except from me made me raise my eyebrows. Nevermind being willing to accept 8 grand a week... or being willing to move to Mansfield for that matter. I doubt Posh will be pleased, from LA to Italy (He was released by an Italian team) and now to Mansfield :)

well he is sorta getting 0 grand a week at psg now so, 8k at mansfield is an upgrade in my eyes :P

Cheers guys, big help! I'll try to make an analysis based on FM as well then. I'll report back once I figure out how realistic it actually is, might be nice for more people to know and I have a pretty unique inside position now ;)

I find them a touch unrealistic at times...

I've just signed Beckham on a free for Mansfield. He accepted 8 grand a week :s

Beckham not getting any other offers except from me made me raise my eyebrows. Nevermind being willing to accept 8 grand a week... or being willing to move to Mansfield for that matter. I doubt Posh will be pleased, from LA to Italy (He was released by an Italian team) and now to Mansfield :)

If you read the OP, he meant at the start of the game... :)

Back