Nebularlagoon

Reaction score
I'm playing a save with Ajax at the moment and had a good start to the season. 15 games into the season I am top of league and qualified for the group stages of the Champions League by beating Fenerbache and Lazio to get there.

I have however been drawn in a difficult group against Arsenal and Juventus. Don't get me wrong my Ajax team are good and have a lot of potential but will find it very difficult to get a win against both of these teams.

My style is -

- Fast
- High pressing
- Total football
- High possession
- High line
- Play out from the back
- Ball playing stoppper defenders
- False 9

And that has worked very well so far.

I have no problem losing in the group stages or being knocked out because it is somewhat expected so early in my save. I just want to be competetive, pose a threat and not get smashed.

I would love to continue playing my style but in the game it would just not work.

If I play attacking football I will leave myself exposed to the counter. If I play defensive then the team just isn't good enough to park the bus.

Any suggestions?

If I play attacking football I will leave myself exposed to the counter. If I play defensive then the team just isn't good enough to park the bus.
Those are 2 extremes, so I'd suggest finding some middle ground. I don't attack top teams, but I definitely don't shut up shop completely either. They are top teams, so need to be respected though. So just a less aggressive tactical setup can do just fine.