How to change a club philosophy?

donsboy1903

Reaction score
I was wondering how I can implement a passient possesion. Almost tiki taka style organically through my club by training youths in a certain way. Using the tactics at lower levels of the club. Is there a proven way of doing it. And how do I train my youth players to be technically skilled. obviously the players i want to work with wont be wonderkids so it will be at the expense of physical presents. And how can I counter act the lack of physical presents.

I was wondering how I can implement a passient possesion. Almost tiki taka style organically through my club by training youths in a certain way. Using the tactics at lower levels of the club. Is there a proven way of doing it. And how do I train my youth players to be technically skilled. obviously the players i want to work with wont be wonderkids so it will be at the expense of physical presents. And how can I counter act the lack of physical presents.

Not sure I understand the question but I will give it ago anyway. Just tell me If I got you wrong

You want the club to raise players and train the in a certain way, always making sure that they focus on this approach ?

If so,then you have no influence at all over what kind of players that are tied to the club thrue the youth system. Its just down to quality,( CA/PA), not the playertypes

Once these player are at your club, you can chose who to sign and control how you train them. Tactics, Ball control and attack are those you should focus on.

Playing in a certain way, using the same approach in the youthsystem, does not have any impact on the player development though. A player lined up in a team hoofing the ball have the same chance of developing the same stats as a player lined up in a team playing a tiki taka.

Ok but if I wanted to play my own adaptation of tiki taka for say an spl side that wasnt the old firm are the stats measure in comparison to your opposition or do you need say like 15 passing and creativity to include a xavi modelled role

Ok but if I wanted to play my own adaptation of tiki taka for say an spl side that wasnt the old firm are the stats measure in comparison to your opposition or do you need say like 15 passing and creativity to include a xavi modelled role

Technique - Creativity - Decision - Passing, along with Determination, Work rate, Team work

This basiclly means - What he is capable of - what options of those he actually see - what he chose - how well he does it
As for the stats, it depends on the level but also on the pitch conditions ( i.e SPL have poor pitches that might not be suited for a short passing game :D )

Thanks you for the help, but if I was doing this as part of a long term project what would be my plan of action?

Thanks you for the help, but if I was doing this as part of a long term project what would be my plan of action?

- sign players that have high stats in Determination, Decision, Composure, Anticipation
- train them in those areas needed and let some of their stats drop in unimportant areas ( like shooting for defenders and dmcs). Tactics, Ball control

Last edited:
I will give it ago anyway. Just tell me If I got you wrong
g.gif

Back