How to edit PA reliably in the Editor?

• Thread starter Thread starter bobosuda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

bobosuda

Reaction score
When editing the potential of players in the Editor, specifically young players that have a much lower CA than their PA, is it enough to just change for example the -7 to -9? Or change the -9 to 170? Or do you have to edit other stats, like their various attributes and such to get them to have that PA? I tried once to just change a few players from a -8 to a -9, but I didn't notice any difference when I started up a new game, they were still pretty average as far as their potential went. Is there perhaps any hidden stats or something?

Well, since you're editing their PA and not their CA, you aren't going to notice any difference at the start of the game are you?

Current =/= Potential.

Edit their Current Ability and see what happens.

I don't mean like I noticed a difference in their immediate abilities, but I've tried changing the PA of some pretty mediocre players, like -5 or -6 to a -9, and when I get the reports on them they still don't have a 3-4 star rating in their potential category in game. If I for example put in 200 as their PA, and I went in game and checked out their reports (provided they are in my team), shouldn't they have a 5 star rating? I know the star ratings are influenced by the club's facilities and reputation and such, but even when playing with a team like Manchester City I still don't see a noticable increase in the potential star rating, even when the changes are pretty significant. I'm wondering if there is something else you have to change along with the "Potential Ability" field.

The reports are also based on your scout/coaches ability. If they have poor or average attributes, their advice will be poor or average too.

Well, I don't think that is the issue. I'm just wondering if the single field where it says PA is all it takes for a player to actually have that PA, or if there are some other variables that determines it in-game.

Back