How to get Pogrebnyak to play well.....

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
I am in my second season at Newcastle United(no laughter, please), have won Premiership and FA Cup, Martins has been excellent up front for me. Although, I signed Pogrebnyak from Zenit for 12m, and since joining, no matter how I have played him, he doesn't get more than a 6.3 rating.

He has supposedly settled into the English pace well, and speaks English. I play him, he is poor, but if I leave him on the bench, he complains that he isn't a starter!! I have tried him as the Target Man alongside Martins, as a lone striker, as the centre of a three-pronged frontline, all unsuccesful.......

Anyone got any ideas how I can get him playing well.

I played Pogrebnyak in a standard 4-4-2 alongside Drogba and he was very good. Maybe you're just unlucky? o.O

Try to make him as a target man and the wingers crossing aims to target man. And for target man supply, make to head. Hopes it help you.:)

Sell him and sign someone good like Paloschi, Laurito, Keirrison, Marquinhos or Balotelli!

THanks, tried these out, didn't work, so cashed in on him, got 15m from Barcelona!! No Doubt he will score for them if I meet Barcelona in Champions Cup!! Thanks guys!!
ps - I signed Balotelli, and he was a failiure aswell, but the best strike force so far has been Martins alongside Vagner Love, so I think I'm going to stick with that. Martins playing the offside trap with his pace can be devestating!!

Back