How to go about creating a 4-1-1-2-2 - Help needed!

• Thread starter Thread starter Dicko1878
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

Dicko1878

Reaction score
Im currently interested in creating a tactic with the formation in the title however I dont really know where to begin. I usually like to play possesional football but I dont think that that would work with this formation.

Also I dont really know what striker types to have upfront to get goals from both of them. Finally, my pet hate is conceeding goals and i usually like to play a deep defensive line using the stopper cover technique and was wondering whether this is an effective method to use for this formation

Any help would be amazing

You can play very good possession football with this formation, just make sure that your set your passes to short for everyone, set theif\r creativity to high and their movement to fluid as well. I would play your CM and DM off center, so depending on your CM's favored foot, either slide him to CMR or CML and the DM opposite side. As for your AM's, I would definitely go with Wingers, though if you have someone like Willian, you can set him on the wing and play him as an inside forward to great results. One thing to consider is playing one of yor St's out on the wing up front. David Villa plays this role peffectly with Mess as a trequarista. Otherwise, TM and Poacher work just fine together.

Ill keep that in mind thank you, Any ideas on how to balance the defence, i usually use stopper/cover with the full backs on support duty but it doesnt seem to work anymore for me

Try to understand your formation to be honest, you have one dm and one cm + 2 attacking midfielders + 2 forwards if I have got this right?

If that is the case and you are looking to play possession football with this tactic then your defence set up is essential.

you attacking midfielders won't be getting enough support, unless you play with your fullbacks as wing backs on support. I'd also have BOTH centre backs on cover duty so that you can play with a high line to help the rest of the team out. For upfront, I'd only really have one out and out forward to score the goals, the amcs + the other forward will chip in with goals here and there. A combo of a deep lying forward on support and and inside forward on attack + an advanced forward + an amc on support should work out very well to overload the opposition.

Try to understand your formation to be honest, you have one dm and one cm + 2 attacking midfielders + 2 forwards if I have got this right?

If that is the case and you are looking to play possession football with this tactic then your defence set up is essential.

you attacking midfielders won't be getting enough support, unless you play with your fullbacks as wing backs on support. I'd also have BOTH centre backs on cover duty so that you can play with a high line to help the rest of the team out. For upfront, I'd only really have one out and out forward to score the goals, the amcs + the other forward will chip in with goals here and there. A combo of a deep lying forward on support and and inside forward on attack + an advanced forward + an amc on support should work out very well to overload the opposition.

Basically the formation have two wingers not AMC's sorry i shouldve been more clear however that has helped a lot thank you, coud you explain what a deep lying forward should do please? i have never used one before however the game says "he looks to fashion chances for himself and team mates"

Back