How to groom young Goalkeepers?

• Thread starter Thread starter timmsy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

timmsy123

Reaction score
Everytime i sign a young Goalkeeper who apparently has PA to be quality e.g right now with Man Utd i have a 17 year old called Simone David who apparently has the potential to be as good as Van Der Sar... whats the best way to make sure he achieves this potential? At the moment he is just in the U18's and available for the reserves...

Oh dear, 'Groom' was the wrong word to use, makes you sound like a massive paedo. Maybe Develop would have been a better word. ;)

Anyway, get him tutored by VDS, make sure hes on a good training schedual, play him in cup games, so he gets some 1st team experience. :)

first you place the comb on the right hand side of their head, then gradually move it towards the.....

Sorry :P

Anyway, play them in friendly matches, or loan him out :) Maybe play him against teams like Burnley ;)

Oh dear, 'Groom' was the wrong word to use, makes you sound like a massive paedo. Maybe Develop would have been a better word. ;)

Anyway, get him tutored by VDS, make sure hes on a good training schedual, play him in cup games, so he gets some 1st team experience. :)

Haha i knew it was but just went with it anyway! VDS is tutoring him as we speak :) will look into playing him in cup games! Cheers for the advice.

I find getting them as drunk as possible works.

Most 17 year olds don't get into cars with strangers, so be creative..

Buy him some sweets, Fruit Pastels normally do the trick :)

• Loan him out to a feeder club to get first-team experience.
  • Once in the reserves,get your first-team goalkeeper to tutor him.
  • Play him a few times a season to see how good he is in matches you know you can't lose.
  • Offer him to club for loan but remove the ability to buy him at the end of the spell.
  • Improve his chances of making the U19's,U20's/U21's national teams of his country.

Think "What would Gary Glitter do?"

In seriousness, what mashedPotatoes said is bang on.

such a funny thread title :D but ill try these suggestions too cause i never "groomed" a decent goalie either

Back