How to make a holding mid effective in 4-2-3-1

ChelseaDood

Reaction score
Hey i need some tips . Ive been having a hard time with my "holding mid" i put him in with the ball winning And i use ,defend role and i use a 4-2-3-1 but i stil have less possesion than weaker opposition and letting the weaker teams Be on the front foot. I use chelsea and my holding mid is essien\mikel their stats are quality but they dont show at all in matches.what should i do to get my HM to win possesion back consistently and actually intercept passes should i change the role? Put him in the DM position?

i am in excatly in the same situation i try putting all thier settings to a short passing game but it still does not work

Using à holding MC does not give you possession, not in FM, not in real life. It has to do with your generall approach. Do you play possession football ?

The holding midfielder can, if used correctly give you more possesion. This all depends on what type of holding midfielder you wish to use. Chelsea used Makelele to great effect. He never strayed fromin front of his defence picked up all the loose balls and broke down play. He then ensured the ball was used correctly with simple passing. Michael Carrick at Manchester United is a different type of holding player. He is like a crab. He doesn't go forwards or backwards but only goes sideways but he very rarely losespossesion. Depending on how our team plas model your holding midfielder on one of these two types of players. Either a defensive anchorman breaks up play protects the defence and plays the simple game or the lessdnamic but equally as effective carrick role. Plaing short simple passes but keeping the teams possesion

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...uide-formations-tactics-football-manager.html

4.1) Destroyer/Passer/Creator

The destroyer/passer/creator triangle was mentioned earlier, and is the pattern a midfield generally covers. Manchester United’s Fletcher/Carrick/Scholes or Bayern Munich’s Van Bommel/Schweinsteiger/Kroos trios are both real-life examples. There are a few ways to implement this into FM, but the most standard one is one defensive midfielder, DM defend role, one central midfielder, CM support role, and central midfielder, advanced playmaker attack role.

@TheBetterHalf sort of im trying to implement great attacking with good possesion, with quick regaining of posession. I know everything cant be perfect but i want to get as close to it as possible. @united ill keep that in mind thanks.

@TheBetterHalf sort of im trying to implement great attacking with good possesion, with quick regaining of posession. I know everything cant be perfect but i want to get as close to it as possible. @united ill keep that in mind thanks.

I would not focus too much on the Holding player but instead look at the generall approach. How attacking are your wingers ( the higher mentality, the less likely to carry out defensive duties like closing down ) You are not using counter are you ?

Why not post some screens Of the instructions

Back