how to make my defence stronger? im tottenham

• Thread starter Thread starter babu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

babu

Reaction score
im tottenham and my defenders are:
corluka, walker, bassong, king, dawson, kaboul, bale , and BAE;..;.

i played 66 matches in the season and won fa cup, europa cup, league cup, and 3rd in prem....

in 66 matches scored 176 goals overall but i conceeded 67 goals which is too poor....

this is my team instruction:

Untitled-165.jpg

this is how i play my LB and RB they got the same insutrctions:

Untitled2-4.jpg

this is how i play my 2 CB as above same insturction for both cb:

Untitled1-6.jpg

also i should get quite a lot money nxt season... and i also know the defenders i got are not world beaters..do you reckommend any good defender i should sign??

put bale up the field on the wing for a start,
Papadopolous (sp) - Schalke - youngster with very good potential maybe 15m CB
Domenico criscito- Zenit or Genoa - One of the best at left- back at start but could be around 18 million LB

Salvatore Bochetti (or something like that!) from Rubin Kazan is a very good centre back, i picked him up for £12mil January of first season

push your defensive line back a bit it would stop the goals conceded from counter attacking

push your defensive line back a bit it would stop the goals conceded from counter attacks

i have found that zonal and pressing tends to draw players out of position. Your CBs will press up the field to tightly mark the man with the ball in front of them leaving TONS of space behind, this is not as much of a problem when playing man.

I am having the same problem with Tottenham (for gods sake though, play bale further forward, waste at LB)

To be honest conceding on average a goal a game is not as bad as you would think, although if you wish to improve I would suggest that maybe you just need to keep your defenders motivated, praise only the clean sheets at the end of games, and tell them off if they are making mistakes, football manager is more than statistics, communication is also key.

With high line u playing, u definitely need pacey central defenders to cover the space. Also don't use same instruction for both cd, make 1 a stopper n 1 a covering defender.

Back