How to nurture a young prospect?

• Thread starter Thread starter Conorcfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2K

Conorcfc

Reaction score
This has probably been asked a million times, but I'm not sure if it's subjective to each player or whether there's a set of guidelines. So what I wanna know, is how do you get the best out of a youngster who looks like turning into a gem.

pizzol.jpg

Got this fella through my youth. He looks like he has massive potential and is already rated 4M at 15! He is touted as the next Franco Baresi (except he's 6'3 ^^)).

What do I do to get the best out of him??

Get a good tutor for him. Considering he's got a massive determination you should look for someone with a similar (If possible) rating for determination, otherwise tutoring will make it go down. A good tutor could be Lorik Cana who is usually a fringe player at Lazio. He asks for high-ish wages but he's also a Born Leader and could help you mould him into a future skipper as well.

Make a specific training schedule for him putting as much emphasis a possible in any attributes you think he lacks. That's up to you and what kind of defender you want to turn him into. I would also suggest some individual training on his passing, strength and composure till he has at least 12 of each. Maybe passing could be 10 but I like my CBs to be decent with the ball at their feet.

Finally, once he hits 17, start him in less important games, cup games and try to sub him in for the last 20 minutes of most games. If he's not good enough to start for you at the age of 18, loan him out to a club where he's guaranteed first-team football and has at least good training facilities.

That's all I can think of right now :P

Back