How to offer a contract to any player even if they refuse to enter negotiations

S4MMYB

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a common thing which everyone knows so I expect to be shot down from some people. If you've ever seen some bargains on the transfer list and had enough money yet when you go to offer them a contract they turn you down flat then this may help you out. Set your staff to handle contract negotiations of signing players for the first team then once a bid is accepted you can click on the player and go to contract offer, then click change contract offer and have full control over the contract you want to put forward. Obviously there are occasions when you simply can't offer enough wages but this has helped me sign a few players that would have otherwise been impossible.

Example:

New season with Tottenham and bidding for Higuain. Bid accepted but Higuain wasn't interested despite the conversation you can have with him. I exited talks and changed the staff responsibilities to Daniel Levy to handle contract negotiations for new signings, made the transfer bid again, offer accepted. I then went to change contract offer and agreed a deal which brought him to the club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHm5H0zz5I - video showing the above

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback James. Hopefully it keeps helping you out throughout the season :D

Wow nice little tip - Will have to try this!

Sounds good, however when you go to change the contract negotiations surely this will annoy the agent and player off no?

However the actual thought of doing that is very good and something I hadn't thought of

Sounds good, however when you go to change the contract negotiations surely this will annoy the agent and player off no?

However the actual thought of doing that is very good and something I hadn't thought of

I don't remember having any occasions where the player or agent has been put off the deal due to this tactic. However, what you need to bare in mind is that if you try and offer a player a contract too far away from his expectations then they will pull out of the deal

Will be giving this a go tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heh, it sounds like an exploit to me and I don't like to use that kind of things but anyway thanks for sharing, m8. :)