How to overhaul an entire squad??? - the tactic behind it?

Llambias

Reaction score
My most enjoyable fm saves stem from the BSN and BSS; simply because you can start utterly from scratch.

I am beginning a journeyman save, where this is just not the case. I wonder how is to offload the deadwood quickly and free the wage budget.

How do you, personally, go about this?

Much love in the festive season.

Derek Llambias x

Start by selling Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton. Next up, maybe Tiote and Cabaye

Just offer to clubs, and if that didn't works, frere transfers..

Or... use an editor to end their contracts.

The most fun save I have ever played, by far, was when I created a new team in Spain called FC Cadaques and plcaed that team in the lowest Spanish playable divison. I gave the club a squad with up to 16 year old Spanish kids with a reasonable PA, added key coaching staff (***.mgr, coach, physio and scout, one of each all with good skills in their field). I created a new stadium, The Salvador Dalí Arena, and made the club loved by the loyal local fans.
I made the owner/chairman rich, but definitely not a sugerdaddy, and started out working with that squad, doing my best to train them up to their potential.
It took me two seasons to get my first promotion, and now after a few years I am up in the highest Spanish league, battling it out with the likes of Barca and Real. We're not title contenders, but rather fighting to stay up... and I like it that way.
Over the years I added staff members, but only signed one or two new players to fill up the empty space of those leaving the club.

If someone is interested, I can upload the original editor file. I highly recommend it.

Sound good and upload the original editor so I can try it
Or... use an editor to end their contracts.

The most fun save I have ever played, by far, was when I created a new team in Spain called FC Cadaques and plcaed that team in the lowest Spanish playable divison. I gave the club a squad with up to 16 year old Spanish kids with a reasonable PA, added key coaching staff (***.mgr, coach, physio and scout, one of each all with good skills in their field). I created a new stadium, The Salvador Dalí Arena, and made the club loved by the loyal local fans.
I made the owner/chairman rich, but definitely not a sugerdaddy, and started out working with that squad, doing my best to train them up to their potential.
It took me two seasons to get my first promotion, and now after a few years I am up in the highest Spanish league, battling it out with the likes of Barca and Real. We're not title contenders, but rather fighting to stay up... and I like it that way.
Over the years I added staff members, but only signed one or two new players to fill up the empty space of those leaving the club.

If someone is interested, I can upload the original editor file. I highly recommend it.

Will do, later today. I'm on a different pc atm.
But I did use the original in-game FM12 editor.