How to play against Arsenal when you're Chelsea????

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

louiscfc

Reaction score
Got Arsenal AWAY in the league and every time I've played them in the past i've got beat. I go more attacking and they counter (usually hammered), i go quite balanced and i get beat, and if i go defensive i get beat. My typical line-up is either 4-2-4(2 AMs count as forwards for some reason), or 4-2-3-1. This is the 4-2-4:
Cech
Azpilicueta FB-Auto
Ruiz (victor ruiz) CB-D
Cahill/Terry/Luiz CB-D
Alaba FB-Auto
Thiago/Oscar AP-S
Paulinho/Ramires/Lampard DLP-D
Hazard/Mata IF-S
Neymar IF-A
Leandro Damiao AF-A
Falcao P-A
(I also have Thomas Ince, Kakuta, Ademilson, Clyne, A.Cole, Torres and a few others)
So what would you guys do???? Need help, 5th in the league, lost to all the big teams, must win game!!!

Have a look at their squad then find a defender (preferably 1st team) with a determination lower than 11 and claim he is the weakest link. This will then demoralise him and focus you're attack/ passing down his side of the pitch.

Good idea, the hard part is to stop them scoring. Giroud is ridiculously overrated in the game!!!

Woops sorry. You're Chelsea.

I say that try focusing down the flanks, allowing your wingers to dribble a lot and cut in.

What kind of tactics are you using? 5th in the league? With that sort of squad you should be ripping the league apart.

Also you have way to many players on attack. That means they prboably aren't doing much defensively, making your team very susceptible to good teams with good attacking players.

Last edited:
@Coupdhaha I know, last season I was hammering most teams, except the signings of Leandro Damiao and Ademilson nothing has changed from last season, yet I am doing no way near as good. I play this formation against Man U and Man City and I nearly always win but against Arsenal and Spurs I get demolished!!!!???

Just played them and lost 7-1. Played 1 up top, swamed the midfield, neymar and hazard one the wings as support, all midfielders as defend and support. Giroud was set as tightly marked, closed down, shown onto weaker foot, tackled hard and man-marked by my best CB Victor Ruiz. Cazorla was set to closed down, aswell as their wingers set to weaker foot aswell, took the lead after 2 mins. Giroud scores 5. Pathetic if you ask me, why is he so overrated.?!!!! Also, my team-talk was perfect before and at half-time, and morale was superb before the game, I was also on a good run. Why?

Back