How to put Downloaded Tactics into the game

i can't get any tactics to work!! i downoad the TAC file, it appears in my downloads. i import them in my game exactly how the article says (manage tactics etc). and when i press import, and then choose the tactic, nothing changes whatsoever! really starting to frustrate me!

How to upload tactic from game,is it just enough to go on uploaded site,browse and upload?

i can't get any tactics to work!! i downoad the TAC file, it appears in my downloads. i import them in my game exactly how the article says (manage tactics etc). and when i press import, and then choose the tactic, nothing changes whatsoever! really starting to frustrate me!
Thats how you IMPORT them into your game and save. Next , you have to pick it as one Of your 3 Tactics.

I am having the issue that when i click to download the file it is trying to open it in utorrent, which does not seem to recognise the file type? How do i get it to download?

I am struggling to install tactics on my mac, i had no problems when on pc.
When i download the tactic, it comes up as a rar file, with any other rar file on my mac i just have to double click it and the mac sorts it out but for some reasons with any of the tactics it doesnt work and just trys to open via vlc media player, anyone got a clue whats going on?

Bit of an odd one here and only since around the new year. I have working copies of both Winrar and Winzip installed on my computer yet when i try to open downloaded tactics (Happened today with Raikans DM one), i'm getting a message asking me what program i want to open the file with. In my experience, this message tends to be when you don't have the correct software.

There's an option on the message to choose a program to open it with but neither the Winrar or Winzip are in the list. Very confused. Does anyone know whats happening here?

Bit of an odd one here and only since around the new year. I have working copies of both Winrar and Winzip installed on my computer yet when i try to open downloaded tactics (Happened today with Raikans DM one), i'm getting a message asking me what program i want to open the file with. In my experience, this message tends to be when you don't have the correct software.

There's an option on the message to choose a program to open it with but neither the Winrar or Winzip are in the list. Very confused. Does anyone know whats happening here?

My guess would be you are trying to open the TAC file, which doesn't need unzipping, just put it straight in your tactics folder?

You sir are a genius and I, a complete moron. You wouldn't believe the heartache this has been causing me but popped it straight into tactics file and there it was... As if by magic. Thanks again for solving a computer numpties issue!!

same for me it wont work. I can import old tactics from fm12 but not the new ones ive downloaded from here..?

Hm, doesn't seem to work. I did everything like you said but when I go on FM13 and manage my tactics, it's not there..

Same problem here, when i want to import the downloaded tactics they just aren't there. The ones i created myself are there though ...

Same problem here, when i want to import the downloaded tactics they just aren't there. The ones i created myself are there though ...

Then its either because its a rarfile it that you have put it in the wrong library.

Problem solved. It was in the wrong library like you said ,silly me. Thanks

Really sorry, being a dufus, probably cause I've just got in from work, but have downloaded a tactic, imported it, now when I try and "Add Tactic" it doesn't appear in either formations or archived tactics. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Really sorry, being a dufus, probably cause I've just got in from work, but have downloaded a tactic, imported it, now when I try and "Add Tactic" it doesn't appear in either formations or archived tactics. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

1) Make sure the tactic is unzipped.

2) Make sure you move the unzipped tactic (it will have a .tac extension) into the correct folder (Documents/SI/FM2013/Tactics). Note that you may have two "SI" folders - make sure you are using the correct one - it will contain other folders within SI/FM2013 such as games, matches, sounds, graphics etc. If you are using the one that only has SI/FM2013/sounds in it, it's the wrong one.

3) Do you play FM Classic or the full game? Not all tactics here will work with FM Classic.

4) When you go to "Add tactic", click "use an existing tactic" then click on the little arrow underneath, then select "archived tactics" and you should get a list appear containing your downloaded tactics.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Hey - i'm just starting with FM13, have been playing this silly game since CM3 or something.... anyhoo, when ever i go to download a tactic to try from the forums it defaults to FM10 (which i have never had on this machine) which means that i cannot download any direct links hosted here. do any of you guys know of a way around this? i have been through the forums and got no love. i'm sure i cant be the only one with this issue. I am playing on a mac osx 10.6.8. any help greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Can we use classic tactics in the normal (Career mode)? There are so many good tactics here but they are all classic

Hi,

Can we use classic tactics in the normal (Career mode)? There are so many good tactics here but they are all classic

Classic tactics just refers to the old style of tactics used in previous versions of FM, not Classic Mode, so they work in the normal career version, but they just look a little different, and you can't set/change player roles.