How to sign Key Players as a small team?

• Thread starter Thread starter miitchh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

miitchh

Reaction score
I started a Dinamo Zagreb save and i'm enjoying it. I have been very close to getting out of the champions league group twice now, but i would need some new key players in my team in order to reach Quarter Final which is my goal for this season. I have 18M transfer Budget and 100k remaining wage. Problem being i can't sign anyone good, because they do not want to play for me.

Wat do?

Only thing you can do is try to win everything possible, the more you win, the more your club reputation will build. Now since the croatian league isn't the most attractive of leagues that also deters players from joining since good players want to play in better leagues. Whether a league reputation can increase i don't know, but if someone else could shed light on that, then it could be of use if you know how to raise the profile of the league.

whatever you do sign players with high determination, work rate and team work umm admire and endorse aswell

go for players playing in south American leagues (brazil+argentina mainly), they'll be more likely to come than a premier league player would. take charge of scouting assignments in staff responsibilities and send your best scouts out there. it will be difficult getting established players unless youre repeatedly getting to late stages of CL as youre not in a top league. so go for young players and south American players until you can attract these key players.

Yeah, I think you are really going to struggle to ever get any players who are playing in bigger leagues than Croatia to join you. I think your best bet will be to focus on buying wonderkids and hoping that can take you to further in the Champions League.

I had a save in FM12 where I was managing Lyon and I had won Ligue 1 back to back for multiple years and won the Champions League. I had lots of cash but still couldn't get big stars to come play for me.

I started a Dinamo Zagreb save and i'm enjoying it. I have been very close to getting out of the champions league group twice now, but i would need some new key players in my team in order to reach Quarter Final which is my goal for this season. I have 18M transfer Budget and 100k remaining wage. Problem being i can't sign anyone good, because they do not want to play for me.

Wat do?

You dont need stars mate. Consider the following players:

Anderson Martins (cb) - a must buy
Laurens De Bock (lb)
Stefan Strandberg (cb/dm)
Mate Simao (dm)
Guido Pizarro (dm)
Gonzalo Bueno (cf)
Sassa (cf)
Bernardo (Vasco) cf/am/if
Christofer Dibon (cb/rb)
Kara (dm/Genk)
Rainford Kalaba (am)
Andile Jali (dm)
Syanda Xulu (cb)
Renatinho (winger/am/if)
Thomas Drage (am/if)
Oliveira (Penarol) cf
Yiannick Ndjeng cf
Allione IF/AM/winger
Bittolo wbl
Enzo Andia cb
Itumeleng Khune gk

None are stars ("key players") as you call them but will add substantially to your team

Until you can push your club's rep higher (and that might mean pushing your league's rep too!) then you'll have to sign good youngsters and lock them in for as long as possible.

Back