how to solve shortage of home grown players

Elzacc

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm not sure if anyone ever try this, but i did.
Below is how i sorted home grown players issue:

Arrange friendly with your reserve squad
Make ALL your first team players available for reserve squad (DONT change their squad status, just make them available for reserve match)
As you have no players left on your first team, logically the game will generate some players for you so you will be able to play the friendly match
Those generate players are normally young and qualified as your home grown players
Surprisingly some of them are really good (as good as your first team players or even better)
If they are good enough, offer them a contract (very cheap)
There you go, you have a bunch of good home grown players

Hi All,

I'm not sure if anyone ever try this, but i did.
Below is how i sorted home grown players issue:

Arrange friendly with your reserve squad
Make ALL your first team players available for reserve squad (DONT change their squad status, just make them available for reserve match)
As you have no players left on your first team, logically the game will generate some players for you so you will be able to play the friendly match
Those generate players are normally young and qualified as your home grown players
Surprisingly some of them are really good (as good as your first team players or even better)
If they are good enough, offer them a contract (very cheap)
There you go, you have a bunch of good home grown players

Sounds logical. When do you arrange the friendly for?

Your assistant manger will normally suggest this at the beginning of the first season you play.

Hi All,

Arrange friendly matches on pre season. You can do this during season too when there is break due to international matches.

I tend to arrange friendly matches myself rather than leaving it to my assistant manager. I usually have long (7 weeks) pre season, a lot of friendly matches (say in average every 4 days). This way, you get your players into match fitness quicker and they get also get familiar with your tactics quicker.