How to stop a transfer when release clause is met

• Thread starter Thread starter LeumasBall
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 10K

LeumasBall

Reaction score
Fellow managers, I apologise if I have entered this thread in the wrong place but please bear with me as I am new to the world of Forums.

My issue is that, whilst playing with Liverpool at the start of my second season in the summer tranfer window, Manchester City have made a bid for my star player/ Wonderkid Raheem Sterling.

They initially offered £42M and I rejected it straight up. Unbeknownst to me that there was a release clause in Raheems contract of £52M which was met a day later by none other than the oil rich Man City.

I have tried entering into contract negotions with Sterlings representatives but they have said that he isnt willing to enter negotiations as he is unhappy as I fined him for a poor performance a couple of months before after a game we lost 8-1 to Manchester United. He has this issue listed as only a Minor Concern in his notes.

I would like to know if there is any way I can get around this problem and keep Sterling, As I do not want to lose a star player that has years ahead of him, especially to the money men Man City.

Thanks in advance guys.

Save from signing a new contract with you, or (very unlikely) Raheem rejects City, there is nothing you can do apart from cheating (using the in game editor)

What if I spoke to him after the games ad praised him? It would improve his morale, but would it take away his issue?

What if I spoke to him after the games ad praised him? It would improve his morale, but would it take away his issue?

That will be the only way to improve his morale to the point where he will enter talks.

Playing him at every opportunity, winning games, praising him publicly and privately, constantly.

Even then it may not be enough.

His morale was superb. He still didn't stay, but on the bright side I managed to Karim Benzema for £34M and El Shaarawy as his replacement for £12M. So all in all it wasnt too bad.

£52 million is a good price for him - Benzema and El Sl Shaarawy are great replacements too.

I think he's overrated in both real life and football manager - but that's just me.

Back