How to stop conceding from crosses?!?!

• Thread starter Thread starter MilesMH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6K

MilesMH

Reaction score
I have tried everything. I've got the latest update- 13.2.2- which was supposed to fix the 'can't stop crosses' bug but it just hasn't worked for me. It's SO frustrating, every single game I lose or even concede a goal is either from a nothing cross that somehow their striker, even though marked by about 3 defenders, manages to put away, or from a corner/free kick that is just lumped in there and a big centre back nods it home. Can anyone help me?! It's ruining the game for me!

Increase your width mate, it pulls your defence wider and cuts down a lot of crosses, helped loads on my save, have it just above 3/4 on the slider.

One way that I deal with crosses is into set OI on fullbacks and wingers/advanced wingers, set show to weaker foot on fullbacks and set tight marking and show onto weaker foot on wingers/advanced wingers. Though I would also say that if you have set your wingers or advanced wingers to attacking they will get forward more and sometimes leave space for the opposition to exploit, if you set them to support they will come back and defend more. Hope this helps, I just set the IO each game to help with crosses, but your still going concede some goals from crosses no matter what you do as opposition player will be better.

Thanks for the help guys- I think I've finally got it sorted!! Still concede the odd one or two, but that's to be expected I suppose.
Basically I just play a completely flat back 5 ha- both full backs set to defend and three limited defenders in the middle- the central of which is 6' 4'' and has 18 jumping and 17 heading (he's a beast)
Then in tactics my defensive line in set as deep as it can be, width a couple of notches under halfway, and all the defenders set to only close down in own area with their mentality nearly all the way to defensive. Haha, but it seems to have done the trick! I then play a ball winning midfielder in the centre of midfield who patrols infront of them, two wingers either side who are set to support but track back too. Combine that with attacking players that are extremely pacey and creative/good in the air and I seem to be onto a winner.
Oh, and as for set pieces- I literally just set every single player in my team to 'go back.' Haha, but that works a treat too!!! Am I putting too much effort into this?!

Back