how to tighten gap between def and mid?

• Thread starter Thread starter god7father
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6K

god7father

Reaction score
I ma playing a tactic (442 formation) that I downloaded so I did"t create this tactic. I consistently get the in game suggestions form my assistant manger that I "need to tighten the gap between my def and mid" and at times I will also get the "tighten gap between mid and forwards" suggestion. How do I do that? I don't thank I can access the specific paler roles option in downloaded tactics.

modify the tactic to include a defensive mid or an anchor man. Play a diamond in midfield, which will tighten the gap both ways. Anchor man, two central mids, and an advanced playmaker. Alternatively, let of your central mids be a ball-winning midfielder with defensive duty. And if that doesn't work, ignore your *** man. especially if the results are good.

It's players individual mentalities. If the tactic you have downloaded has some of the mentalities ticked and some not it creates gaps when say attacking or defending.

It's the strategy that creates it so you need to either untick all players mentalities or tick them all when you select you desired strategy, for example control.

If you tick them all at the settings for say control or attacking its usefull as your team will stay looking to go forward when you change your strategy to counter or defensive against a better team. The reason is all the other setting change except for the mentality and enables good counters and still have a chance for scoring when playing deep.

But remember ticking or unticking all the mentalities is what you need to do and it will eliminate the 'gap' issue on any tactic. It is actually an issue as better teams will use the space if it their and beat you far easily. So although people say it don't matter it does when you have weaker players or teams.

I'll upload a tactic latter an post the link to show you what I mean. But hopes it helps.

You stay classy......

There is no need to listen to you assistant manager unless you notice that their is a problem. Otherwise just follow the instructions by malhar.

There is no need to listen to you assistant manager unless you notice that their is a problem. Otherwise just follow the instructions by malhar.

That's wrong mate always found that I've been letting in weak goals and possession drops when it happened, but doing what I said above stops it. Not worth the risk trying to second guess you asst. besides they can't all be wrong!!!!!!

You stay classy......

That's wrong mate always found that I've been letting in weak goals and possession drops when it happened, but doing what I said above stops it. Not worth the risk trying to second guess you asst. besides they can't all be wrong!!!!!!

You stay classy......

They are not wrong, its just that every formation has its potential stengths and its potential weaknesses and the assistant manager is merely pointing out this. He is not taking marking, closing down or ppms into account so Having à gap between the midfield and defence does not mean problems, just like using one FC ( we are outnumbered in attack) is à problem such.

Yeah they are but the gap issue always caused problems, your post strays of the original post of why it happens. I never said the asst are wrong the other guy did.

Strictly taking into account the asst comments is advisable and not be totally ignored, that's all I'm saying as well as advise in why this on happens.

You stay classy......

Yeah they are but the gap issue always caused problems, your post strays of the original post of why it happens. I never said the asst are wrong the other guy did.

Strictly taking into account the asst comments is advisable and not be totally ignored, that's all I'm saying as well as advise in why this on happens.

You stay classy......

I know, I should probably have posted " Naturally they are not wrong". My point was just that if its à downloaded tactic ( that might exploit the ME), it perhaps ment to be setup that way. So, I am not arguing with your post and reasoning as such.

I agree. Nearly all the posts I read about asst manager feedback say they are wrong and don't listen to them.

Personally I don't want to see feedback of any tactic failings which is why I always look to stop it and change my tactic.

I've had the same issue with 'gaps' on certain tactics and I found out why. Sometimes it's hard to get any answer on forums.

You stay classy......

Back