How to tutor a player with positive personality but bad Media Handlng

• Thread starter Thread starter Ursulla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

Ursulla

Reaction score
I have a young player who is determined but controversial .which tutor would be suitable for him?
Also if I tutor him with a new preferred move suitable for him.would he loose his old preferred move "like to argue with officials"?

I have a young player who is determined but controversial .which tutor would be suitable for him?
Also if I tutor him with a new preferred move suitable for him.would he loose his old preferred move "like to argue with officials"?

Generally, Professionals, Model Professionals and if you can get 'em, Model Citizens. High Controversy is not that big a deal, so you should just move on, although with 'Argues with Officials' PPM paired along with it, it could be irritating.

To remove the PPM, it think it's the same as last year - ask your coaches to 'untrain' the player of the PPM, if possible. (Training) A player can only learn new PPMs during tutoring, won't forget the old ones, IIRC. He probably won't learn the PPMs which conflict what PPMs he already has..

Thanks.He is also Confrontational which makes him quite nasty...but I really like his attributes...So with those 3 negative characteristic would you keep him if he is talented?

Thanks.He is also Confrontational which makes him quite nasty...but I really like his attributes...So with those 3 negative characteristic would you keep him if he is talented?

Yeah, I would;; I generally don't even look at whether or not he is confrontational/controversial - the player's quality matters for me, so if he fits the bill, I'd personally keep him..

By the way "argue with officials" can only be learned by tutoring and it cannot be unlearned...You might ask why would you tutor another player to argue with officials...One of the enigmas of Football Manager...
Sometimes when asking a tutor to work with a youngster he is reluctant to do so...but I have the option to persuade him...Is it wise to do so against his will? or should I move on ...
Is the purpose of tutoring is only to raise professionalism or ambition or it also could be used to vanish negative personalities of the tutee?
What examples of clashing personalities make them not being able working with one another... I thought the purpose of tutoring is to change negative personalities or am I wrong thinking that?

Last edited:

players like that can be a real detriment to the team if they become unhappy. just keep an eye on him

players like that can be a real detriment to the team if they become unhappy. just keep an eye on him
That is exctly what I am trying to do,he is 19 years old with star youth player attributes ,albeit he is short tempered meaning he has high controversy which would make him easily criticize me at the media and very poor temperament meaning he is going to loose discipline very easily....Not only that he is also confrontational meaning he has poor sportsmanship which would make him a dirty player like diving in the penalty area and again poor temperament like his other "merit"...On top of all of that he likes to argue with officials after diving...So I would say this guy is a walking zoo...I couldn't even dare to discipline him ,afraid of him unleashing his wrath on me...
But Football Manager offer us tutoring as means to tame the beast...So I thought to myself if I am going to tutor him with tutors who have the antidote personality ,not only professionalism...but someone like Reserved which has low controversy and good professionalism I might just manage to make a decent guy out of him...But those guys are not easy to come by...and he is like a ticking bomb especially with Footall Manager 2015 which makes us more easily lose control of the team by allocating the wrong points at the beginning of a game...

Last edited:
Back