How to use the big striker/fast striker combination?

simonwr

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I just signed John Carew on free transfer for my Stabæk team, and I am therefore trying to use the big striker/fast striker combination with Carew and Alexander Gerndt. What is the best way to do this? To set Carew as Target Man and Gerndt as poacher? And with what advanced instructions?

Im curious about this too
I always had problems using Target man

I am sorry, I posted this wrong. It is supposed to be in the Football Manager 2011 Tactics & Training, but it might be relevant either way?

Yes, it is the most suitable combination. Don't need much tickering with advanced instructions, as it will be set up by default. Just need to change it based on ur tactic (short or direct pass, etc) ..

if one of the strikers is a poacher should the target man be support or attacking?

If u use 2 strikers, the best would be one support n the other one attack.

I just don't get Carew to work as a proper Target Man. He just falls out of the matches. That's why i asked, is there anything I can do to prevent this? Drop him down or perhaps make him close down more of the pitch?

I just don't get Carew to work as a proper Target Man. He just falls out of the matches. That's why i asked, is there anything I can do to prevent this? Drop him down or perhaps make him close down more of the pitch?
set him as a DLF - Support and set the other to stiker! I signed Jan V.V Hesselink for a free transfer and he is doing really well in my 4-4-2 tactic as the Dlf - support! Here are the PI's you can use (they are my Rooney and Hernandez roles and work brilliantly)

I use Booymans more than Jan though, he has around 2 goals and 2 assists in about 4/6 games (2 as subs)

Poacher Instructions and SS:
View attachment 198514View attachment 198512

DLF Instructions and SS:
View attachment 198515View attachment 198513

set him as a DLF - Support and set the other to stiker! I signed Jan V.V Hesselink for a free transfer and he is doing really well in my 4-4-2 tactic as the Dlf - support! Here are the PI's you can use (they are my Rooney and Hernandez roles and work brilliantly)

I use Booymans more than Jan though, he has around 2 goals and 2 assists in about 4/6 games (2 as subs)

DLF Instructions and SS:

Hey, what skin is this?

DLF Instructions and SS:

Thanks a lot Raikan, that was what I was looking for :) I already have a well-working tactics that made me go undefeated 30 matches in a row and win the Norwegian League three times in three years, but that is with a deeplaying, tecnical forward and a fast poacher. I use Vladimir Yurchenco/Jo Inge Berget and Alexander Gerndt/Ahmed Soukouna for this formation. However, I signed Carew because I wanted some variation, and I also have a very good youth prospect which is a strong striker. I simply want to be able to change between different tactics, and your post was really helpful. Thank you!