How will they turn out??

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to make a thread where we can have an ongoing discussion for the forseeable future. I will pick 2 young lads every couple of days and in that time we can discuss how good we think these players will be and what the future holds for them.

I will pick the players every couple of days but if anyone has any ideas down the line then please dont be shy to pm me. If im starting to get stuck for players i will notify everyone and i will ask someone for some assistance. Obviously if i feel the comments are drying up quicker then a couple of days i will name 2 more players sooner.

The big game of this weekend is arguably Chelsea vs Man Utd so i will start off by picking a player from each who i think may cause the most discussion.

For Chelsea i will pick Daniel Sturridge and for Man Utd i will pick Darron Gibson and these are my views on the pair.

Daniel Sturridge: Dosen't start alot but his record for goal per start ratio for Chelsea is pretty impressive. I think he needs more starts because he does get alot of chances and it only takes a little run for the switch to turn and him to become a great player. Saying that i don't think he will make it at Chelsea and will end up playing for a mid table PL side.

Darron Gibson: Has all the attributes to be a Frank Lampard type player but has he got the same enthusiasum and hard work in him that made Lampard the player he is today and i dout this. Saying that i think he will stay at Man Utd for years to come and become a bit part player someone like O'Shea comes to mind.

Last edited:
Daniel Sturridge = Young Nicolas Anelka, got a very bad attitude, will probably hamper his career, not hit the heights he should etc

Daniel Sturridge = Young Nicolas Anelka, got a very bad attitude, will probably hamper his career, not hit the heights he should etc

Looks that way, it took Anelka until he joined Chelsea to sort out his tempermant i just hope Danny can prove us wrong.

Good idea for a thread..

Daniel Sturridge:
I think that he has the ability to become a striker for a top 7/8 side, like a Villa or Everton, but don't think he'll be a world beater. Someone like Jermain Defoe comes to mind when thinking of his ability. He seems very quick and has a good eye for goal, difference being if he gets a chance you don't want to risk it all on him scoring, whereas you would with Defoe. Looks a good player, and think he'll be a regular in future England squads, but won't get many caps (Darren Bent kind of England man).

Darron Gibson:
Again, a good midfielder but don't think he can be a world beater. He's got all the attributes to play for a European side, but don't think he'd cut it as first choice at a UCL side. Think he'd do very well at a side like Villa or he'd be good back up for a top side (like he is now) but don't see him leaving for a while. Think he's a good all round player, although he does shoot far too much.

Decent thread mate.

Gibson: To me doesn't look like he will quite cut it at the top level of the game. Looks like he could be a decent player for a team of the Everton/ Villa ilk of team in the future though, may yet prove me wrong. (already has a cracking long shot!)

Sturridge: Agree his attitude doesn't appear the best. Sometimes I think young footballers need someone to kick the up the backside to remind them how lucky they are and tell them they should be taking their career seriously. Looks like he could be a talent though. Haven't seen enough of him to comment confidently, but he appears to possess good technique and flair when he comes on for Chelsea, could have a future if he puts his mind to it.

Because this didn't get many responces i will move on and add another 2 players. Another fixture this weekend see's Bolton travel to Sunderland so i will pick a player from each side.

Jordan Henderson: I think this lad is destined to replace Paul Scholes at Man Utd. He oozes quality and i think will go on to have a gloryfied carear at club and international level.

Stuart Holden: Before this season not a well known player but my god he has come on leaps and bounds. If he keeps playing the way he is then i can definatly see the lad at a top 4 side in the near future. Uses the ball well and can pop up with a goal too.

Jordan Henderson = He is a player who in the future add a much needed physical side to England's game, although I didn't think he was ready for a first international cap. He could be the next Cattermole I think but maybe a slightly more attacking version as we saw vs West Ham after a good surge into the box. Overall he is got promise.

Stuart Holden = Unlike Henderson I don't know much about this guy, he seems to be playing more under Owen Coyle than Gary Megson which shows that he might be settling into the Bolton set up better now. He seems be playing where Weiss and Wilshere played so that's probably why he hasn't played last 2 years, he scored the winner vs Blackburn so that should boost his confidence to go out and fill Wilshere and Weiss's shoes.

Jordan Henderson = He is a player who in the future add a much needed physical side to England's game, although I didn't think he was ready for a first international cap. He could be the next Cattermole I think but maybe a slightly more attacking version as we saw vs West Ham after a good surge into the box. Overall he is got promise.

Stuart Holden = Unlike Henderson I don't know much about this guy, he seems to be playing more under Owen Coyle than Gary Megson which shows that he might be settling into the Bolton set up better now. He seems be playing where Weiss and Wilshere played so that's probably why he hasn't played last 2 years, he scored the winner vs Blackburn so that should boost his confidence to go out and fill Wilshere and Weiss's shoes.

Going to comment on these two players in a minute but just wanted to comment on this post. The main reason why he hasn't played for the one previous season he was at bolton was because he broke his leg soon after his debut for bolton.

Jordan Henderson - Great potential and could potentially become and england great. Seems to have bags of confidence and looks comfortable attacking and defending. To Develop himself more I think he is going to have to join a bigger club like Man Utd soon.

Stuart Holden - As stated above, holden broke his leg during his early days at bolton so not many would have seen him. From what I have seen of him, he seems quite good but not a world beater. Also I think he gives bolton another dimension when attacking

Good idea for a thread indeed.

Daniel Sturridge:
Quick and fairly clinical too. I think he will be a decent enough player: he'll hang around at Chelsea for a while before getting a starting berth at a club like Sunderland. Possibly 5 or so England caps. He will be hindered by his lack of an all-round game and footballing intelligence.

Darron Gibson:
He'll be okay, but good enough for United? Don't think so. His selfishness and overeagerness to shoot will contribute to making him another mid-table side's player. Less potential than Sturridge, I think. Probably on rotation at a Newcastle-ish kind of team.

EDIT: Ooh, another two eh?

Jordan Henderson: He looks a classy player. Versatile, powerful, but with good technique too. I could see him in a top of the table side, would fit in well enough at Chelsea as a Lampard replacement.

Stuart Holden: Hm. I don't know TOO much about him, only seen him play a couple of times, but from what I have seen there have been glimpses of quality. Hard to tell, impossible to say.

Last edited:
Gibson isn't worth Man Utd, but he is good for like a West Brom..

Ok, I have just started Season 5, managing Newcastle United. I signed Darron Gibson half way into Season 4 since know one wanted him on a free, and he's been a bargain. Newcastle suvived relegation and Darron Gibson was great. I got him to learn DM and he's a master there, he also bangs them long shots into the back of the net in that position too.

Nice read, but this is real life mate, not FM.

Going to comment on these two players in a minute but just wanted to comment on this post. The main reason why he hasn't played for the one previous season he was at bolton was because he broke his leg soon after his debut for bolton.

Jordan Henderson - Great potential and could potentially become and england great. Seems to have bags of confidence and looks comfortable attacking and defending. To Develop himself more I think he is going to have to join a bigger club like Man Utd soon.

Stuart Holden - As stated above, holden broke his leg during his early days at bolton so not many would have seen him. From what I have seen of him, he seems quite good but not a world beater. Also I think he gives bolton another dimension when attacking

Oh ok well as I said I didn't know much about him but he looks bright

Jordan Henderson - Quite not the finish product yet but showing bags of potential. we probably will be seeing him in man utd in the near future as her is in the paul scholes " box to box " mould

Stuart Holden -Has come on leaps and bounds under the guidance of the current gaffer and could potentially replace donovan as USA's main man

Jordan Henderson: I agree with the attacking cattermole comment, i think its to soon to draw comparisons to scholesy yet, though he is still young, so he could either go down the james milner route and be competent in a few positions, or specialize in just the one position like cattermole, potentially as good as lampard.

Stuart holden: didnt know the lad existed lol.

As there is a game tonight i will pick a player from both City and Everton

Joe Hart - Already established himself as Englands number 1 and could be for the next 10years if he keeps fit and on form. An excellent shot stopper who commands his area really well and i think will go on to have a gloryfied carear.

Jack Rodwell - This lad just oozes ability, i don't think Moyes is quite sure where the lads best role is yet but i see him as a box to box type player. Will be a England international in the near future and Everton will do well to keep hold of him as i think he could potentialy play for a top 3 side.

How dare you insult Gibbo by comparing him to Fat Frank? :D Joking of course.. don't get angry. I think Tom Cleverley will be United's next CM talent, not Gibbo, Tom seems to have much more of all round game, he can tackle, he can run, he can do tricks, and after watching him play for Watford and in United's Preseason he can score some great goals.

Jack Rodwell will be a rising star, no doubt about it, shame he decided to stick at Everton rather than Join Manchester United if the rumours are true and Joe Hart has what it takes to become a phenomenon, I just hope he doesn't get too complacent or cocky

Hart-- He is simply outstanding, What a player, With lots of talent.

Rodwell- The man is class, He will become a very top Ball playing Centre backs, all i hope is england dont ruin him, and utd sign him

Joe Hart- He has the ability to be England's best keeper not that that's an achievment, he was outstanding against my team on the opening day and has outshon what I think is one of the best ever British keepers, Shay Given.

Jack Rodwell- I think he is better on fm than in real life but nevertheless is a terrific talent, I feel he is close to a full international cap. I think if he joins a bigger club than Everton his future will be brighter.

Hart - This guy is amazing between the sticks, He could possibly become one of England's best ever goalkeeper. He has come on leaps and bounds the last 18 months, The loan spell he had at Birmingham last season was the best thing that happened to him (game time wise) now he's back at his parent club performing great most weeks.

Rodwell - He will defo become a future England regular, he has a great engine, works hard for his team, although i don't see him being at Everton very long. Bigger & better clubs will be sniffing around him & eventually will unsettle him.

Back