• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4K

ToonManager

Reaction score
images

2Q==
PARDEW QUITS NEWCASTLE HOTSEAT

Sky sports has learned that within the last hour, Alan Pardew has resigned from his post as manager of Premier League club Newcastle United. It comes amid speculation of a fallout with club owner Mike Ashley. With the new season only weeks away, bookies are taking bets on former manager and club legend Alan Shearer making an emotional return to Tyneside although sources deep within St James park suggest that former Scotland goalkeeper Ewan MacGregor may be favourite to get the nod.

Newcastle United have refused to speak to the media at this point and Pardew himself has refused to speak publically other than to confirm he has resigned from his post.

images
9k=

MACGREGOR UNVEILED AS NEW NEWCASTLE MANAGER

Newcastle United have today unveiled 34 year old Scottish coach Ewan MacGregor as the man to replace departed manager Alan Pardew. The tough talking Glaswegian, formerly of Rangers, is renowned for his hard-line approach and no nonsense managerial style and signs a 3 year deal at St James' Park.

Clearly I'm delighted to be here and can't wait to get started. I will not be drawn into discussing Alan Pardew and the politics behind him leaving the club. What transpired between Mike Ashley and Alan is and will remain a private matter and should they wish to shed any further light on this, I'm sure they will release a press statement. I am my own man and make my own decisions. Mike knows I am not one to suffer fools gladly and the squad here need to realise I am not Alan Pardew. I will win trophies here, with or without this squad, so my advice would simply be shape up or ship out .
Z

175px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png
TRANSFER UPDATE

IN: MARCO VERRATTI - £3.4m

OUT: DAN GOSLING - LOAN TO Q.P.R TILL END OF 2011/12 SEASON
MICHAEL RICHARDSON - LOANED TO CHARLTON TILL 30/6/12
PATRICK NZUZI - LOANED TO GATESHEAD TILL 30/6/12

VERRATTI - "DREAM COME TRUE TO SIGN FOR NEWCASTLE"!

images
New signing Marco Verratti has today told the club website that signing for Newcastle was a "dream come true" and can't wait to pull on the famous black and white stripes. The 18 year old, signed yesterday from Pescara is new manager Ewan MacGregor's first signing.

I am very very happy to have signed for Newcastle United, as every young player wants to play in England. Everyone knows it is the best league in the world and it's a dream come true for me. Newcastle is a beautiful city and my girlfriend is looking at houses in Gateshead. People may criticise the manager for paying a lot of money for a young player and I just want to show the fans what I can do, although I understand I need time to settle in and might not play as much as I would like to begin.

TRANSFER UPDATE

IN: SERGI GOMEZ FROM BARCELONA TILL END OF SEASON

spainu19-sergigomez.jpg
NEWCASTLE MANAGER HAS PULLED OFF A SIGNING COUP BY SECURING THE SERVICES OF BARCELONA DEFENDER SERGI GOMEZ TILL THE END OG THE SEASON. THE 18 YEAR OLD PRODUCT OF BARCELONA'S FAMOUS LA MASIA ACADEMY, JOINS THE SQUAD IMMEDIATELY.

I NEED TO BE PLAYING FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL AND COMING TO A CLUB LIKE NEWCASTLE WILL HELP ME DO THAT. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING THE ENGLISH STYLE OF FOOTBALL AS IT IS DIFFERENT TO THE STYLE OF PLAY AT BARCA.

Looking good so far but being a Newcastle fan you might want to add in the fans reaction to Mike Ashley NOT signing Shearer and you having to win the fans over early on.

TRANSFER UPDATE

OUT ON LOAN: MEHDI ABEID - HARTLEPOOL (6 MONTH LOAN)
NILE RANGER - MIDDLESBROUGH (END OF SEASON)
SAMMY AMEOBI - BRADFORD (6 MONTH LOAN)
JEFF HENDERSON - STOCKPORT (6 MONTHS)
JAMES TAVERNIER - CARLISLE (6 MONTHS)
JOAN SIMUN EDMUNDSSON - SHEFFIELD UNITED (6 MONTHS)

MACGREGOR:
IT'S WHAT THESE YOUNG LADS NEED, EXPOSURE TO FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL. WE WILL KEEP AN EYE ON THEM AND FOLLOW THEIR PROGRESS AND POSSIBLY LOOK TO MOVE THEM ON. I NEED YOUNG AMEOBI AND RANGER PLAYING WEEK IN, WEEK OUT.

images

MIKE ASHLEY - "WHY PARDEW REALLY LEFT"!

Newcastle United owner has finally lifted the lid on the reasons behind controversial resignation of manager Alan Pardew. In an explosive interview, Ashley accuses Pardew of
"undermining my authority, making unrealistic transfer demands and generally trying to turn my players against me"

Alan Pardew had hos vision for this club, and I have mine, and it's fair to say Alan did the right thing by walking away, and credit to him for realising we just couldn't trust each other any longer. I realise the fans aren't happy, but let me assure you, Alan Shearer doesn't want to come back, he told me personally the day Alan Pardew resigned. I have faith in Ewan MacGregor, I trust him, and that goes a long long way in football these days. Please trust the manager and I in what we are trying to achieve here at Newcastle.

TRANSFER UPDATE

JAMES PERCH SOLD TO BIRMINGHAM FOR £500K.

Breaking News

£6M BID MADE FOR RANGERS GOALKEEPER ALLAN MCGREGOR.

images

Ewan MacGregor has this afternoon confirmed a formal bid of £6m has been made for Rangers and Scotland goalkeeper Allan McGregor. The Scottish giants, currently enduring severe financial constraints, may be forced to sell a host of top stars and McGregor himself has stated he would love to test himself in England.

I'm a massive fan of Allan. He's a typical crazy goalkeeper, daft as a brush ! I spoke with my good friend Andy Goram the other day and he can't praise Greegs highly enough. He's an exceptional talent and I hope we can persuade Rangers to let Allan test himself here in the Premiership

images
MCGREGOR SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE

images
Newcastle United have today completed the £6m signing of goalkeeper Allan McGregor from Rangers. The 29 year old Scottish international has signed a 5 year deal worth around £30k per week.

Nice story, like the quotes. Get foreiners to quote badly for realism.

Massive fan of Allan McGregor as I am a Rangers supporter. Need 2 fantastic keepers and will keep Krul on his toes.

HARPER SOLD TO LEEDS FOR £500K

images
Following the £6m capture of Scottish Goalkeeper Allan McGregor, Newcastle have today agreed a £500k deal with Leeds to sell Steve Harper to the Midlands club. Knowing the signing of McGregor would have saw his first team opportunities, Harper has stated that he needs to be playing first team football every week.

Fair play to the gaffer, he was honest and straight down the line with me. He knows i want to play every week, and with 2 fantastic keepers in Tim and Allan, I know I wouldn't be playing every week. I don't hold any grudges, and I genuinely wish Newcastle every success. Leeds United are a massive club and I would hope to help Leeds get back into the Premier League as i feel we are too big for the Championship.

PRE-SEASON ROUND-UP

View attachment 244777
Overall, I'm very pleased with the way the squad played pre-season. Flamengo match certainly was the pick of the bunch, and it was good to add 3 cracking players to the squad. Fitness wise, looking okay too. Home to Aston Villa next week to kick off out league campaign and I think the squad are ready. They know what is expected this season and I will not accept any excuses. I don't do ego massages and don't react well to hissy fits or temper tantrums. The atmosphere within the camp is good at the moment.

images
images

NEWCASTLE 3 - 2 ASTON VILLA

View attachment 244798View attachment 244799

What a match, eh? It had everything, cracking goals, an O.G, the lot! First half, I think we deserved to go in ahead. Our midfield were exceptional, and what a fantastic debut from wee Marco Verratti, who thoroughly deserved his man of the man award. You need to realise he isn't even old enough to drink that bottle of bubbly yet!! Tiote was brilliant, and I thought young Gomez was excellent. I got a bit worried when it got to 2-2, and then to lose Marveux to injury was a bit nerve jangling, as we had then to play with 10 men. But what a goal to win the match! Delighted today, I'm chuffed to bits and I'm sure our fans will be happy with the style of football we played today.

images
images

BLACKBURN 2-2 NEWCASTLE

View attachment 244892View attachment 244893

I asked the lads for a performance today and I have to say I think they were great. We were great on the break but I feel we can be a bit tighter in wider areas and I feel our fullbacks got a wee bit too exposed by Hoilett and Pedersen. I'm a massive fan of Junior Hoilett and he scored a fantastic goal today and didn't give our back 4 any peace at all. Blackburn are perhaps a better side than a lot of people may give them credit for and they are tough to beat at home, so I'd have to say I'm happy with a point.

M.O.T.M GABRIEL OBERTAN - DELIGHTED WE GOT WIN TODAY. HE'S A CRAZY BOSS, BUT HE MAKES US ALL FEEL WE CAN WIN ALWAYS. HE IS TOUGH IN TRAINING AND I ENJOY THE FORMATION WE HAVE, IT GIVES ME FREEDOM TO CREATE CHANCES FOR TEAM TO SCORE. WITH HATEM INJURED, VERRATTI HAS CAME INTO TEAM AND LOOKS EXCELLENT.

Last edited:
GOING TO POST MY RESULTS AND POST MATCH COMMENTS EVERY MONTH, THAT WAY I'LL BE PLAYING THE GAME INSTEAD OF POSTING ON HERE CONSTANTLY.

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK SO FAR?

AUGUST ROUND-UP

After our 2-2 draw at Ewood Park, we went on to play Preston at Deepdale in the Carling Cup 2nd round.

View attachment 244976View attachment 244977
images

MOTM: Peter Lovenkrands

Decent result away from home, although I felt we played poorly. Our use of the ball could have been a lot lot better, and we are still very vulnerable to pace and crosses into our box. I think complacency set in, given that we were playing a lower league opponent. Definitely room for improvement but delighted to be in the hat for the 3rd round.

images
images

View attachment 244978View attachment 244979View attachment 244981

A good point earned today, and Demba scoring right at the start of the match eased the nerves a wee bit. We got the ball down and played it today, and I saw a lot of improvement from the Preston match, so it shows the team is moving in the right direction. Again, the midfield group were brilliant. Thats 5 points from a possible 9 and we remain unbeaten.

View attachment 244984

images

HOILETT JOINS TOON IN £20M DEAL

NEWCASTLE BOSS EWAN BOSS IS TODAY TAKING THE PLAUDITS AFTER THE SIGNING OF BLACKBURN'S CANADIAN FORWARD JUNIOR HOILETT. THE PACY CANADIAN, CONSIDERED A STAR OF THE FUTURE, PUT PEN TO PAPER ON A £49,000 PER WEEK, 4 YEAR DEAL.
HE'S A FANTASTIC PROSPECT AND WAS A REAL THORN IN OUR SIDE RECENTLY WHEN WE PLAYED BLACKBURN AT EWOOD PARK, AND YOU'LL NOT SEE MANY BETTER GOALS THIS SEASON TOO, CRACKING STRIKE HE SCORED AGAINST US. I'VE TOLD HIM NOT TO BE FAZED WITH THE PRICE TAG AS HE NOW BECOMES OUR MOST EXPENSIVE SIGNING EVER AFTER MICHAEL OWEN SIGNED FOR £16M FROM REAL MADRID.

I'M HAPPY TO HAVE SIGNED FOR NEWCASTLE UNITED, THE MANAGER AND CHAIRMAN OUTLINED THE FUTURE VISION FOR NEWCASTLE AND I WANT TO PLAY FOR A TOP CLUB AND PLAY IN EUROPE AND I FEEL NEWCASTLE WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE TO SHOWCASE MY TALENT AT A HIGHER LEVEL. I HAD A GREAT START TO MY CAREER AT BLACKBURN AND WANT TO GO ON RECORD AS THANKING THEM. NEWCASTLE PAID A LOT OF MONEY TO SIGN ME AND I KNOW BLACKBURN CAN USE THAT MONEY TO STRENGTHEN THE SQUAD. I CANT WAIT TO PULL ON THAT SHIRT FOR NEWCASTLE.

SEPTEMBER ROUND-UP

images

View attachment 245252View attachment 245253 WIGAN 3 - 2 NEWCASTLE

WE PLAYED POORLY TODAY AND WE DESERVED TO LOSE. TIOTE COST US THE GAME WITH HIS STUPID AND RECKLESS CHALLENGE THAT EARNED HIM A RED CARD. WIGAN WANTED IT MORE TODAY, THEY WERE FIRST TO EVERY LOOSE BALL AND MORE CLINICAL IN FRONT OF GOAL. WHEN YOU GO DOWN TO 10 MEN, IT'S ALWAYS AN UPHILL BATTLE FROM THERE ON IN.

View attachment 245254View attachment 245255 NEWCASTLE 1-0 CHELSEA

WELL, WHAT A DIFFERENCE A GAME MAKES. CHANGED THINGS AROUND FORMATION WISE, AND DECIDED TO TRY OUT A NEW 4-3-3 SYSTEM, SIMILAR TO THE WAY BARCELONA PLAY AND IT PAID DIVIDENDS TODAY. WE WERE FANTASTIC, DOMINATED POSSESSION FROM THE FIRST WHISTLE TO THE LAST AND TO BE FAIR, COULD MAYBE HAVE SCORED ANOTHER GOAL OR 2.
images
View attachment 245254View attachment 245262

NEWCASTLE 2 - 1 CHELSEA

WELL, AS IF BEATING CHELSEA LAST WEEK WASN'T MAGICAL, WE ONLY WENT AND BEAT THEM AGAIN ! I TOLD THE LADS MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE. WHY CAN'T YOU PLAY WELL AND BEAT THE BIG TEAMS TWICE. I THINK THE MEDIA SENSATIONALISED THE RESULT LAST WEEK, SAYING WE PULLED OFF A MASSIVE SHOCK BY BEATING THE 'MIGHTY CHELSEA'. WELL I HAVE TO DISAGREE. I SEE NEWCASTLE AS A BIG TEAM TOO, SO WATCH THIS SPACE AS THESE RESULTS ARE SET TO CONTINUE. WE HAVE CONFIDENCE AND SELF-BELIEF, AND THAT'S SOMETHING A RUSSIAN BILLIONAIRE CANNOT BUY. DELIGHTED FOR PETE TODAY, WHAT A CHEEKY CHEEKY CHIP TO WIN THE MATCH. HE'S IN THAT DRESSING ROOM GRINNING LIKE A CHESHIRE CAT. HOWEVER, WE CAN'T GET CARRIED AWAY AND BECOME COMPLACENT AND THAT'S THE WORRY I DO HAVE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO WORK HARD IN TRAINING AND HOPEFULLY REAP THE DIVIDENDS.

images
FULHAM 2 - 0 NEWCASTLE

View attachment 245263View attachment 245264View attachment 245265

JUST AS I SAID LAST WEEK, WE CAN'T GET COMPLACENT, AND WHAT HAPPENED TODAY? WE GAVE FULHAM TO MUCH RESPECT AND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE BALL AND THEY KILLED US. THEY WERE NEAT AND TIDY IN THEIR PASSING AND DESERVED THE WIN TODAY. MY TEAM JUST DIDN'T PERFORM WELL ENOUGH TODAY AND WE PAID THE PRICE FOR THAT.

images

images
TOON SLUMP TO DEFEAT
WOLVES 3-2 NEWCASTLE

images
NEWCASTLE HAVE AGAIN SHOWN THAT THEY CANNOT PLAY AWAY FROM ST JAMES PARK AS THEY AGAIN LOST ON THEIR TRAVELS, THIS TIME GOING DOWN 3-2 AT MOLINEUX. MACGREGOR, WATCHING FROM THE STAND DUE TO HIS ENFORCED TOUCHLINE BAN, LOOKED FURIOUS AS HIS TEAM AGAIN LOST A LATE GOAL AFTER LOOKING ODDS-ON TO ****** A POINT. MACGREGOR WAS UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT POST MATCH BUT HIS REACTION WOULD SUGGEST HIS PLAYERS WERE IN FOR A BOLLOCKING.

View attachment 245272View attachment 245273

THE RESULT LEAVES NEWCASTLE 12TH IN THE LEAGUE, AND QUESTIONS MUST BE ASKED OF GOALKEEPER ALLAN MCGREGOR AS WELL AS THE QUALITY OF THE DEFENCE.

FANS FORUM: MCGREGOR OR KRUL?

In a recent fans survey, an overwhelming 62% of fans have stated that they believe Allan McGregor should be dropped fromn the squad and Tim Krul re-instated to number 1. This follows another inept performance from the Scotland keeper including an embarrassing O.G against Wolves.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]
[/FONT]​

Back