Huddersfield Advice

SanchezOnTour

Reaction score
Currently got a Huddersfield game on the go, two games to go at the end of the first season, one point outside playoffs. Can't see me going up (gut feeling), but I am chuffed with how the first season has panned out. Budget is tight, only got £300k transfer budget + got one player on loan, Nathan Ake off Chelsea. Wondering if anyone has any tips / advice for me to take Huddersfield to the next level and challenge for the Championship title next year? So tactics, signings etc. Nahki Wells has been unbelievable for me up top and scared of losing him! Thanks in advance :)

As a Huddersfield fan I would imagine strengthening defence would be your best shout. I haven't played them on the game yet as i'm afraid i'll do rubbish! Good to hear Nahki plays well, what about J.Vaughan?

Did you manage to get rid of any of the deadwood as that has been our problem in real life, until more recently.

We do leak goals, I wont lie. Without Wells, I would be mid table. Vaughan has been decent, gets goals here and there but has suffered EIGHT injuries this season, all for 2-3 weeks at a time, which is frustrating, because I would like to link him up with Wells. Haven't sold one person, for two reasons, lack of interest in most of my players and also the board will only let me keep 30% of any fees received. Ward has been good for me too, is he any good in real life?

Our defence has been shambolic in some games this season. Unfortunately that is very accurate with Vaughan. There is no way he would be with us without his injury record, he would be a prem player easy. We'd all love him to have enough time to link up with Wells, recently he has had a run of games though so fingers crossed!

There are a number we can't seem to move in real life, although Powell has come in and managed it with a few. Including Ward who has gone to Rotherham. He came with massive potential but never quite lived up to it, constant source of debate between fans and guilty of 'going missing' a lot in games. He was our top scorer last season though. I imagine his stats on the game would be quite good for his position though.

Glad someone is having some relative success with Huddersfield!

I either keep a clean sheet or I let in 4+ goals, no in between! Back four currently is.... Dixon LB, Lynch CB, Hudson CB, Smith RB. I am going to keep faith with Vaughan for now but if a decent bid comes in, I may let him go.I don't really want too but he is no good to me sat in the stands for half the season. Maybe he would get less injuries if he stopped drop kicking the corner flag when scoring? Started following Huddersfield on twitter to keep up with events.

Back