Hughes keen to keep Fulham pair

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 650

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
New Fulham manager Mark Hughes vows to keep goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer and defender Paul Konchesky at Craven Cottage.

More...

didn't want to start a new thread so posted it in this one

FULHAM owner Mohamed Fayed last night claimed Roy Hodgson will take Liverpool 'downhill'.

The Craven Cottage chief also labelled him a '******' for joining the Reds. Fayed, 77, said: "Roy disappointed the fans and the players.
"I'm sure he'll take Liverpool downhill. He was just a ******. I did everything to help him. But that's his character, he can't help it.
"After we put him where he is now, he took advantage but good luck to him.
"We gave him all the support, we believed in him and he let us down. I forgive him, anyhow."
Fayed made his comments as Mark Hughes was officially unveiled as Fulham's new boss.
The Egyptian added: "Mark's much better than the previous one. He knows what he's doing.
"We have a nice guy now. Don't mention Roy Hodgson any more.
"Fulham's a wonderful club and I'm sure Mark will do a great job.
"The players will like him - he's going to win us the championship."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...yed-Roy-will-take-Kop-down.html#ixzz0vabeTSFV

FULHAM owner Mohamed Fayed last night claimed Roy Hodgson will take Liverpool 'downhill'.

The Craven Cottage chief also labelled him a '******' for joining the Reds. Fayed, 77, said: "Roy disappointed the fans and the players.
"I'm sure he'll take Liverpool downhill. He was just a ******. I did everything to help him. But that's his character, he can't help it.
"We gave him all the support, we believed in him and he let us down. I forgive him, anyhow."
Fayed made his comments as Mark Hughes was officially unveiled as Fulham's new boss.
The Egyptian added: "Mark's much better than the previous one. He knows what he's doing.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...yed-Roy-will-take-Kop-down.html#ixzz0vabeTSFV

haha, someone's bitter.

Really?

The reason for that being that Roy vowed to stay with the club after the Europa League final unless England came calling, Al Fayed is bitter and feels betrayed by Hodgson. Hughes press conference didn't give much out but he said he is keen to bolster our attacking options, who it will be is debatable though. When asked about Craig Bellamy, he avoided the question and went on to say that this club can only afford certain prices and can't pay ridiculous wages suggesting that we are not going to get him.

The reason for that being that Roy vowed to stay with the club after the Europa League final unless England came calling, Al Fayed is bitter and feels betrayed by Hodgson. Hughes press conference didn't give much out but he said he is keen to bolster our attacking options, who it will be is debatable though. When asked about Craig Bellamy, he avoided the question and went on to say that this club can only afford certain prices and can't pay ridiculous wages suggesting that we are not going to get him.

i suppose that would explain it. still surely he's got to see what a great oppertunity this is for Roy?

My god, bitter, much?
Oh, and Calum, don't read the Sun :p

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Ah, I didn't know that. Less bitter then :D

he's going to win us the championship."
He has realised that without roy they will be relegated :P
Really no need to be that bitter, for what i see of roy he seems like a nice man, if al fayed was told he could swap fulham for liverpool, i wonder what his answer would be |)

My god, bitter, much?
Oh, and Calum, don't read the Sun :p

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Ah, I didn't know that. Less bitter then :D

just seen on SSN its on the Back of the Daily Express aswell :P

If Hodgson promised to not leave unless England came calling then Al Fayad has a good reason to be bitter, he probably feels betrayed after trusting old Roy.

Good luck to Fulham though this season, got a soft spot for them as my Uncle supports them, shame I don't live local otherwise I'd go to a few games.

Back