Hughton undaunted by opening day

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle boss Chris Hughton is unfazed by the prospect of their opening day game at Manchester United.

More...

Well he obviously isn't going to say "Yes, I'm bricking it. That's a loss right there".

Mehh, promoted sides usually do well on opening day of the season, however, they are playing Manchester United.....

I can see Newcastle getting a point from this ......

Just out of curisity, when were United away on the opening day, does anyone know?

Man Utd will trounce us lads.

Was Burnley 1-0 Man United the opening day last year?

I can see Newcastle getting a point from this ......

we did the last time we played them opening day at old trafford :) (the season we got relegated)

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Man Utd will trounce us lads.

brilliant, maybe you can take that enthusiasm into all of our games

Just out of curisity, when were United away on the opening day, does anyone know?

I know you think theres some sort of consipiracy theory, that utd get home game first,

But you do know the champs always get home games first up, So last 3 season, thats why, and for the majority of the prem, utd have been the reigning champs. so been home first up.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Was Burnley 1-0 Man United the opening day last year?

nah 2nd game, a midweek game.

Last edited:
At the end of the day there are 38 games it dont matter who we get first we have to play them at some point. The way i see it its good to get Man U to get them out of the way. The next few games after that i can see us doing well possible wins Vs Blackpool and Wolves and draws/wins Vs Everton and Villa

Lala I am going lalala I am going! :D

Don't matter bout this game

30th October and January 15th is when they will be getting a real spanking!!!!!

Lala I am going lalala I am going! :D

I'm hoping to get a ticket for that, nicely comes along when I am back in UK :D

I reckon 1-1, we did well last time we opened the season at ManUre

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Don't matter bout this game

30th October and January 15th is when they will be getting a real spanking!!!!!

ahahahaha..........no.

Hughton is undaunted by the opening game against Man United LOL jk, he's ******** himself.

Hughton is undaunted by the opening game against Man United LOL jk, he's ******** himself.

Hughton's got nerves of steel. he would have to, when his playing career included Spurs.

Back