Hull deserved to stay up - Brown

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 508

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Hull boss Phil Brown insists the club retained their Premier League status on merit.

More...

No they didn't.

The 5 bottom clubs deserved to go down but only three could.

Liked Phil Brown at first but it's becoming more and more clear just how arrogant and deluded the man is.

Yeah it does seem he's become quite arrogant...although tbh whoever does stay up, does generally deserve to stay up...or maybe the teams that go down deserve to go down more than those who stayed up. Just like whoever wins the league, deserved to win the league :D

he is the most embarrassing person in football since delia smith i hate the **** end

what a horrible cringeworthy man, a team who wins 1 in 22 barely deserves to stay up - if the bottom 3 werent equally as terrible they would have been down ages ago

terrible

You could argue that a promoted team, given not a hope of staying up, who went to established Premiership grounds like the Emirates and WHL, as well as Anfield, and gained positive results by giving their all and not being afraid of the players or managers they were up against deserve to stay up.

Even if that did only happen in the first half of the season, its more than can be said for the players of Boro or Newcastle.

Liked Phil Brown at first but it's becoming more and more clear just how arrogant and deluded the man is.

Agree with you totally Redders. Really pleased Hull managed to stay up (was at uni there and used to go watch them when they were on the verge of extinction) but Phil Brown is an orange egomaniac. Hate him. Him and Sam Allerdyce must have been a lovely couple.

have a look in the past, how many seasons will 35 points keep you in the division. I am fully expecting Hull to finish rock bottom next season unless they make a good few inspired signings

im a hull city fan an brown is a ****, hull have done great 2 stay up at start of season every body loved em, every team has a bad spell, we hardly spent out, we have a championship side in the prem, we must improve next year, i also think there should get rid of phil brown, and the bottem 3 went down cause there were no better than us

im a hull city fan an brown is a ****, hull have done great 2 stay up at start of season every body loved em, every team has a bad spell, we hardly spent out, we have a championship side in the prem, we must improve next year, i also think there should get rid of phil brown, and the bottem 3 went down cause there were no better than us

well said 100% agree! brown is a ****! happy for hull,shame about newcastle big club like that its got to hurt.

I like Brown, don't see how anyone can complain about him being arrogant. They deserved to stay up because they collected more points than the bottom 3. End of.

i dunno its pretty arrogant to say you deserve to stay up when youve won 1 game in 22 and even lost on the last day of the season but stayed up purely on the incompetence of the other teams, and to come out singing about it was pretty awful

could have been a bit more dignified as his team barely picked up a point after the first ten games in which they were admittedly impressive but there could have been a bit of humility

I'd say although Hull had a worse team than the teams under them, they managed to get the results and that's what counts.

Yeah, Hull survived only because my poxy team and Middlesboro couldn't get their fingers out and get the points needed to get above them.

They deserved to stay up purely because they finished 4th bottom!

They were lucky 2 have an unlucky West Brom and God Awful Toon and Boro below them, unable to capitalise on their freefall otherwise they would have been gonners.

They definately need to buck up their ideas to survive next season.

Back