Hyypia to join Bayer Leverkusen

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool centre-back Sami Hyypia agrees to join Bayer Leverkusen on a two-year deal at the end of the season.

More...

what a bargain 4 leverkusen

fantastic player when he was in his prime never scared to go into a tackle with no hesitation to getting himself injured. getting old now though but he will hack it in the bundesliga

Legend as a man and a player for the club - what a defender and Ged's best purchase. He was really involved with community work and is a real gentleman with a lot of time for fans. Gutted he's not taken up the option to coach with us, but can understand him still wanting to play. I hope he has success and pleasure in Germany and then returns back home to us.

Ooooo Sammi, Sammi.
Sammi, Sammi
Sammi Hyppia!

Has been great for Liverpool, even managed to get a run of games this year. Good luck to him

I only wish he had moved earlier. If one wants to play and isn't allowed to, why stay? We Finns are too loyal sometimes. Another sad example was Mikael Forssell who chose to stay at Chelsea and warm the bench for far too many years. Now he is an injured wreck.

good to luck him, I would have liked to see him in the premiership another year or to, with another team though

Sami was one of wolves transfer targets :(
our list is gettin sorter by the day

good look to him at Bayer

yeah would have helped a wolves a lot next season

has been a great performer for liverpool, definately fans will miss him.

Back