SultanOE

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's my first post on this forum so be nice ^^).

Okay so I am on version 15.3.2 and currently in my 3rd season with West Ham (like 5 games in). I would say I have a pretty good team, one which can certainly be challenging for the title with the right type of management.
Here is my squad : View attachment 243750

Decent?

I'm using 3 tactics: HOME, AWAY, CUP MATCHES
Throughout my 3 seasons, my AWAY tactic has constantly been my achilles heel, yet as much as I try to tinker and experiment with the tactic, it just never seems to work. With this years away tactic, I've just lost hope.

Here is my very lazy AWAY formation : View attachment 243749 (How about those editing skills ;))
Team Instructions : View attachment 243748

More direct passing:
I did this because that's just what you do in a counter-attacking formation. You want to transition the ball from defenders up to your attackers as quick as possible.
Pass into space: With the constant waves of attack from my opposition, I figured that this would be an easy way to get a quick goal or two from my strikers, who are quite quick off the mark (Fierro and Valencia).
Play out defence: I found because my opposition (no matter who they were!) were playing much superior to me, if I instructed for my GK to kick the ball out, the opposition would just get the ball with ease and I wouldn't be able to keep them off.
Shoot on sight: Simply, to generate more shots which we definitely didn't get enough of.
Drop deeper: It's a counter-attacking tactic so I don't think it would be wise to risk the opposition strikers running behind my defenders.

Those are the main points that need addressing I think.

No matter how much I try, I never seem to succeed. I'm starting to think that this is just part of the system of the game, that I just HAVE to lose my away games.

So, any advice? Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, mentality is on Counter and Structured.
EDIT ll: Also, if you could explain why you made any changes so I can learn from you guys that would be great!
EDIT lll: Alsoooo, I don't want any PLUG&PLAY tactics, much rather build up a tactic myself.

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Try dropping the "Pass into Space" as your telling your Wing Backs to drop deep, with a defensive roll and to play out of defense as well as the passing being direct. Thats just confusing, plus in my opinion if they pass into space its going to be your wing backs making most of the runs if the balls passed into space rather than your ball winning midfielders.

Poyet has a good first touch, id try and play him as a supporting central midfield player and he can maybe help push up a little, for the same reason id switch Gil Romero and Lucas Silva around.

Id try that without the pass into space and the higher tempo without shooting on sight. That midfield is definitely more about control and playing smart than playing fast and taking silly pop shots.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look to try this tomorrow and update you.

Why do you have such a negative tactic for 'away' games if you're a title challenger? Do you use this for all away games? It doesn't make sense. You should be more focused on who you're playing, rather than where.

Bad news, accidentally overwrited my West Ham save, so yeah, that sucks.

Thanks for the reply though.

Bad news, accidentally overwrited my West Ham save, so yeah, that sucks.

Thanks for the reply though.

WHY DONT PEOPLE ALWAYS USE A 3 SAVE WEEKLY ROLLING THINGY ????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!