Matt120892

Reaction score
Hi im kinda new to the forums just been reading some stories and i got bored of my Liverpool save so i decided to start a Weymouth one.

The problem is that i can never get into the winning rhythm with never being able to find the rigbt tactics or players. I am currently in my first season and i had a real bad trouble find loan signings as nobody wanted to join and every player that i signed is a complete flop. I am currently in October and im 14th in the league with my sacking already becoming inevitable.

So has anyone got any tips to make lower league management become more exciting and easy please :)

Try the other hand?

oh wait..

Try the other hand?

oh wait..

I'm trying to work out if that was dirty or not. oO)

I'd say get yourself an easier challenge, something funner than the type of wages and funds you get at the level your trying.

I'm trying to work out if that was dirty or not. oO)

I'd say get yourself an easier challenge, something funner than the type of wages and funds you get at the level your trying.

Depends how your mind works.

Maybe manage a team you actually care about?

well i do generally care about Weymouth because i live in Plymouth and that is the nearest club which is lower than league 2.
Does anyone know about a club lower than league 2 with good reputation so i can sign quite good players on loan and such.

1.Invest in the best ***. Manager you can find with the highest rating in tactical knowledge

2. Download the best training schedule available which I currently believe is on thedugout I will be requesting redistribution for fm-base soon.

3. Sign a scout with the best possible tactical knowledge you can and get him to scout next opposition

4.Then pick a base tactic you want to play and never adjust the settings just make it logical, for my LLM career 4-1-3-2 Very Rigid and standard philosophy has been working a treat

5. Don't buy players concentrate on developing youth

6. Listen to the scouts pre match report coupled with the assistant managers in game analysis (his pre game analysis is usually wrong) to pick the right touchline shouts that will influence the game in your favour for example if the scout says they have a fast attack, shout Drop Deeper + Stay on Feet. If their defence is slow shout Pass into space. The assistant manager might say your not getting enough possession so shout Retain possession, if he says you have loads of possession but are not creating chances Shout Work Ball In Box + Pass Into Space. Learn exactly what each shout does and experiment with them.

7. Wolfsongs Team talk advice = Legend vital to giving players belief that they can win games

8. In pre match press conference always say the opposite of what you mean for a game for instance if you plan to defend tell the press you will all out attack, if they ask if a player will come bk from injury but you know they wont say he will. Make sure the opposition are one step behind always

9. Dont get too disheartened keep plugging away

10. Follow the story of Nathaniel Bond ;)

1.Invest in the best ***. Manager you can find with the highest rating in tactical knowledge

2. Download the best training schedule available which I currently believe is on thedugout I will be requesting redistribution for fm-base soon.

3. Sign a scout with the best possible tactical knowledge you can and get him to scout next opposition

4.Then pick a base tactic you want to play and never adjust the settings just make it logical, for my LLM career 4-1-3-2 Very Rigid and standard philosophy has been working a treat

5. Don't buy players concentrate on developing youth

6. Listen to the scouts pre match report coupled with the assistant managers in game analysis (his pre game analysis is usually wrong) to pick the right touchline shouts that will influence the game in your favour for example if the scout says they have a fast attack, shout Drop Deeper + Stay on Feet. If their defence is slow shout Pass into space. The assistant manager might say your not getting enough possession so shout Retain possession, if he says you have loads of possession but are not creating chances Shout Work Ball In Box + Pass Into Space. Learn exactly what each shout does and experiment with them.

7. Wolfsongs Team talk advice = Legend vital to giving players belief that they can win games

8. In pre match press conference always say the opposite of what you mean for a game for instance if you plan to defend tell the press you will all out attack, if they ask if a player will come bk from injury but you know they wont say he will. Make sure the opposition are one step behind always

9. Dont get too disheartened keep plugging away

10. Follow the story of Nathaniel Bond ;)

First of all. Get rid of all your useless staff. You will see ridiculous physio with like physio = 3. Well, I just randomly picked Workington so I know how you feel. Get better coaches as well. You need to know that besides the main coaching attributes, determination, motivation and discipline adds to your training stars as well. Get a new asst mgr if you need to since your old one is beyond awful (at least mine was) but, search him out first and offer him a contract, then mutually terminate your old asst mgr. If you fire your old asst mgr too early, you lose out the option to check the box under the edit filters of your player/staff search which allows your asst mgr to filter out unrealistic targets

Sign 1 or 2 scouts, ( I love my scouts so I got 2) with high Potential Ability Judging, so you can pick out potentially good players for free.

I had a big issue with getting players on loan or free with my obscure club reputation and non existent footballing experience as a manager. With average attendance of 100 at home, my finances are sinking faster than the titanic.

You shouldn't have any transfer budget at all, but no worries, you can pick up a ton of free transfers which can allow you to survive easily in this league. Hopefully, you have some wage budget. You just need to know they usually come with **** stats, just get the sufficient stats needed to survive.

Assuming your scouts are decent use the player search and filter based on attributes. I played with attribute masking on so half are hidden but you can search for obvious traits like high heading or jumping for DC hoping that the stats turns out to be good. etc.

You can choose to release useless players on free transfers. Those in your res team is the 1st option. With the increased wage budget, sign more new players (free). Get your scouts to generate a scout report on those you think is promising and see what they say.

Other than getting youngsters, try to find some old man to play for you. You can find a few 35+ yr olds with amazing technical and mental attributes but non existent pace and stamina. They will do pretty well. They are pretty cheap since I offer them a part time contract with like $45 p/w in wages.

Sign all your young players on fulltime contracts, coaches as well so they have more time to train.

And new players need time to gel and get used to your team. They probably need like a few months or so. Keep using your old crappy players and slowly get the new signings in one by one into the first team.

Use a tactic and stick to it. Like... use it every game because they need time to get used to it. Use very simple tactics which restricts their movements and creativity since most players have creativity of your garden snail at this level.

Play to your strengths. A fast pacey striker can net you alot of goals at this level.

So does a good winger who can cross well coupled with a target man good in jumping and heading.

If all else fails, sign ***** topp and watch him get 40 goals a season. This guy is like releasing a lion into a rabbit's cage. He totally demolishes the opponent.

Just persevere on. I started with media expectations of 10th in the 1st season. I got up to like 6th early on and dropped to 9 - 11. Then at the end I lost steam and ended up 15th. I used to play a counter 4-4-1-1 formation and I usually draw my games or win 1-0. I seldom lose by more than 2 goals difference. I went on a buying spree and bought lots and lots of good strikers which my scouts highly recommend. Plus ***** topp the monster, I ended up with 5 strikers. Switched to a 4-4-2 attacking and I start to demolish teams. Altho I concede a crazy amount as well, I score alot more. I ended up as 2nd at the end of season and won my playoffs and got promoted.