I have a major spendaholic issue during the transfer window!!

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2K

louiscfc

Reaction score
Currently in second season of chelsea. Every transfer window I feel i have to buy a world class player and the club is getting into debt. My signings so far:
1st season- Falcao £75m, Paulinho £25m, Jose Callejon £9.5m
2nd season- Neymar £60m, Llorente Free, Insigne Free, Alaba £18m.
The club is recording losses every month but I still cant stop myself from spending. Does anyone have any tips on how to promote youth or any tips on how to get good players cheap?

All the tips will be in vain if you dont stop spending.

Look for low minimum fee release clause, players transfer listed for cheap and good players at clubs with little money or rep. Also improve on your weakest area and rarely your strengths. To develop youth my top tips are to tutor them (read a guide on how to do it or it could backfire) and play them a bit. Although, your main problem is yourself, you need to ask yourself. What does this player bring to my team for what price? Is that good value and do I have that position strong already? If I buy this player can I sell anyone to help recoup the cost? etc.

I can't help it lol. I just see other clubs interested in a player I want and i just have to sign them!!!! Luckily enough though the board have reduced my budget from £24m to £0. Ironically on my profile my financial control bar is right near the maximum!

I do the same thing every save, I tell myself I won't but I can't help it, I can sometimes hold out till jan but then I just go crazy again, like u if I see someone I want I just have to have them, I always spend above what I've got, it's a risk but I usually wiegh up my potential finishing spot and hope things balance out.My reading save for example....10m to spend, I ended up spending 35.5m, if things go wrong I'm getting sacked simple!

35M from a 10M budget? What are you doing?! haha

Ha ha greed mate, nothing but pure gluttony!
We are haemorrhaging money...but we've got..
Nem, Okore, Nemec, hintergregger, Adryan, M.Ollson, Moi Gomez, Jadson, Doria (is coming next season), and Mensah was free.

Spending loads of money does not guarantee success, gradually improve you team and that will have the least impact on your teams morale. I can see where you coming from, the temptation is there to spend the money if you have it. My current Newcastle save, season 2018/19, my transfer budget is £54m and I have spent very little, progression is the key. :)

I've done it every save since cm2 I can't see myself changing now, I do tend to spend alot on young players, hoping they reach their potential in the future, hopefully winning cups and leagues, or gaining higher league positions.
Then I see my investment has returned for me.....
If I don't get sacked or go into administration first!!! I like it on the edge, taking risks is fun!

I've done it every save since cm2 I can't see myself changing now, I do tend to spend alot on young players, hoping they reach their potential in the future, hopefully winning cups and leagues, or gaining higher league positions.
Then I see my investment has returned for me.....
If I don't get sacked or go into administration first!!! I like it on the edge, taking risks is fun!

Live life on the edge, best way ;)

Buy em young for 10m or less sell them when they are 25-29 for like 30m

i have a budget, sorry HAD, of 231m. I didnt spend any of it until a guy called Bastian Durand (regen) came along and i got him for 72m :D had to be done but my advice is to buy regens and bring youth into the team and only spend if you need to...otherwise you will end up like man city, team full of over-paid pre madonnas :)

Personally I try to sign players early when they are cheaper, unless the player is the only younger already World class player in their position and not at 1 of the biggest clubs (and then I'd try to unsettle him to get him on the transfer list first).

I always try to keep finances healthy but I imagine that if your successful at a club with rich owners you probably wont get into too much debt. Signing several players players for your first team every year probably wont be great for your squad though, I've found players usually take about a season to settle. If your successful and your enjoying your save I wouldn't worry to much maybe just try to only spend what they give you. :P

hmm i only sign a player if i need him for my team. Buying all the players you can seems a bit unrealistic therefore i let some go to rival teams, just so it's more of a challenge to play against them and when i beat them it's more fun :) especially when the regens i found are outperforming the world class players they bought :P

Sounds like a serious addiction... seek counselling or maybe your family could organize an intervention.

just go to team reaport and find the weakest point and spend your money there. Then if you need to sped money just put maximum age at 16 and sign players who will be stars in the future. i like to see my team winning the under 18s and reserve comps just as much as my first team....

Back