• Thread starter Thread starter HLG8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

HLG8

Reaction score
This game is terrible. Sooo many faults and things that grind my gears, too many to put in here so i will try my best to list as many as think of..
The ME is beyond a joke, players do not respond to any instructions at all, all the AI have to do is defend deep and it is nearly impossible to break them down. The ME in FM12 was perfect, alright it couldn't improve any more, but it still would have worked for the next couple of games, while they worked on a new one and put time and effort into it, which they haven't done with this one!
Team talks, what is the point, every time i get a negative response.
In my Arsenal save, I beat Man U 3-1, completely dominated them, then I lose 9 in a row to lesser teams, how does that work? And before anyone says change the tactic which i did after about 6 games, why should i have to? I beat the best team in the league with the same tactic that loses to Aston Villa 6-1!?!?
In the current save which is in Jan, Wigan are 5th, Man U are 18th and Southampton are 4th, this game does not make any sense. And it's like that in every other save, ofc you expect the odd upset, but it's ridiculous in this game.
All the points above aren't specific to just one save, but to every. Goals are poor, AI does minimal yet still wins, ie. 3 shots on target 2 goals.
They have made this game too hard, now they expect us to analyse the opp. in detail, and spend 30 mins ensuring are tactics are adjusted to the opposition, (which don't work, as i previously stated players just ignore instructions). Why? This isn't a manger training simulator, it's a game, you are suppose to enjoy it and have fun. This game is unfinished the beta was the worst game i have ever played bug wise, and it's still poor.
I have never really brought a FM game this early after release, so i don't know what to expect with improvements, but i hope they make allot of them.

I'd give it some time. It sucks that we've became accustomed to simply buying some good players and seeing an immediate impact on performances and results.

It's clear to me that away tactics, player roles and squad cohesion are the biggest hurdles to success. I think it's about keeping player purchases to a minimum, whilst giving foreigners time to settle.

Wellington Nem had an awful first 2 seasons as my AMC, but in season 3 he lit it up. Liverpool bought him for £16m from me. Once he learnt the language and liked a few of his teammates, he was off to the races. Top of the league in assists and key passes.

give it time, and keep trying.. even if im not really good at this (nor was i at fm12) I bought the game today and started unemployed, and got into a blue square north team (dont remember the name right now), and i was quite frustrated, couldnt win and stuff, but i just kept changing my tactic approach, and some stuff and i just won 2 consecutive matchs, one 3-0; it seems that tactics that used to work on old FM12 dont work anymore, but on the other hand stuff that didnt do well before does work now; I was playing ballanced with high presure, rigid philosophy, direct passes, 4-4-2 and kept losing, now i went for offensive, default presure, fluid philosophy, default passes, still 4-4-2, my 2 strikers switching positions, and it looks much better, at least for now

Workman always blames his tools.

Yes, but we've given a hammer and asked to build the great pyramid. Besides the hammer's head only hits things for half the time, the rest of the time it sits greyed out and you can't get it out of the box to do anything with it.

On my Wolves save I played Birmingham I had 21 shots 11 on target. Birmingham had 10 shots 7 on target. They won 7-1 haha. WTF?

And 5 ex players have scored winning goals against me. including a winger and a defensive midfielder. Coincidence? B******s

Yes, but we've given a hammer and asked to build the great pyramid. Besides the hammer's head only hits things for half the time, the rest of the time it sits greyed out and you can't get it out of the box to do anything with it.

Take over the job at Norwich City in real life and see how easy it is to win.

@HL8: I can totally relate! I play FM for such a long time now (before that CM and other manager-games), and I never had a bad version like this one. It's like I'm playing FIFA Manager. Losing so much against little and big clubs. Conceding so much goals. And I played different tactics. There is no difference if I play a new game or change my tactics in the playing game.

I also hate the new form of training. Before you could integrate a schedule and that would be enough, now you have to go back to it every week in the game.

Then there is the fact that every bid on a player (even if he has a value of 30k and you want to give them 2m) is rejected.

Every game needs it's time, but I can't imagine this will be a good game.

@HL8: I can totally relate! I play FM for such a long time now (before that CM and other manager-games), and I never had a bad version like this one. It's like I'm playing FIFA Manager. Losing so much against little and big clubs. Conceding so much goals. And I played different tactics. There is no difference if I play a new game or change my tactics in the playing game.

I also hate the new form of training. Before you could integrate a schedule and that would be enough, now you have to go back to it every week in the game.

Then there is the fact that every bid on a player (even if he has a value of 30k and you want to give them 2m) is rejected.

Every game needs it's time, but I can't imagine this will be a good game.

While some of the points you make have merit, you cannot compare FIFA and FM. They're two completely different games.

On my Wolves save I played Birmingham I had 21 shots 11 on target. Birmingham had 10 shots 7 on target. They won 7-1 haha. WTF?

The AI goals per shot on target ratio has been like that even before Noah's ark surfed the flooding.
In all my FM versionst going back thousands of years, the AI goals per shots on target, usually is between 50% and 100%, while we are lucky to get between 10% and 33%.

And 5 ex players have scored winning goals against me. including a winger and a defensive midfielder. Coincidence? B******s

I think thats a "romantic" touch because the english media like this think about a player scoring against his former club, hence the famous coined phrase used by all comentators when that happen " Did we just know it?!"

I always hate the new FM but end up succeeding eventually. In my last two games I've had 34 shots to the oppositions 6, and 28 shots to their 3, and lost 3-0 each time. I've felt like throwing my laptop out of the window at times but I'll get there eventually.

I think the main problem this year is that they've made each team to tactic-specific. Ie, if your assistant suggests 4-4-2 at the start of the season and you go 3-5-2, you're probably going to lose 5-0 every game because no matter how familiar your players are with the formation, the game just refuses to allow you to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back