I have no consistency, please help me out if you can

• Thread starter Thread starter pop1030
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

pop1030

Reaction score
Hey guys, I feel like maybe I'm missing something here in FM 15.

I used to be really good in the older FMs and a bit worse in 14, but now I'm struggling a a lot. For example, I was trying to play as Man United to learn the new features and all (traditionally has been easy, let's been honest) for a bit, and OK I won the league and Carling Cup, but it was a MASSIVE struggle. Usually when I try playing with someone as good as United my win record at the end of the season is something like 85 - 90%.

There are games where I lost 5-0 to Leicester fielding the likes of Falcao and Mata, and there are games where I beat Man City 4 - 0. I could barely string together good form at times, and I almost got fired in the first 2 months. I had 8 draws and 6 losses (Chelsea had 13 draws btw wtf). What gives? Do you think I'm missing out on some key mechanics potentially? I've tried using outrageous tactics and standard tactics but have ended up with the same results. Seems like playing away is extremely difficult no matter what strategy I use.

Is it really because most of the team is brand new? There are Van Gaal's new signings and then usually I clear out a good portion of the team and sign like 8 or 9 guys like Volland, L/S Bender, Alex Sandro, Marquinhos, Nkoulou, Kovacic, etc. I know that players take a long time to gel and that in 14 they took A LONG time to gel.

My main guys like Falcao, Mata, and Di Maria do REALLY well, but the team form still sucks. Does anyone have any tips that might help me out? Thanks!

Edit: By the way, I get that replacing most of the starting 11 is OUTRAGEOUS, but FM's never really had a problem with that before. Is that the case now?

Last edited:
You'll struggle to get any proper help if you don't post any details. If you're beating City, but losing to Leicester, you have an overly attacking tactic. You need to be more patient vs the weaker teams and have good movement between the lines.

I have 3 tactics, one is counter based, one is standard, and one attacking. I usually do counter vs the big teams, standard against others, and save attacking for when I need to get a goal. I lost to Leicester on the standard one in particular (with majority posession and shots I might add) and beat City on the counter. What kind of specific details do you want me to post btw?

You need tactical advice, which is probably better in the Tactical Discussion area. For you to get tactical advice, you need to show what your tactics are and what exactly the problem is.

The other issue will be gelling, as you said. That's way too many signings to make. IMO, of course.

You need to forget everything you thought you knew about FM. The old Match engines were easy to exploit and didn't rely heavily on moral or the roles you're player occupied. FM09-12 essentially was the best 11 won; not the best team.

The new ME introduced last year: SI made a huge deal about the roles, about how the roles on the pitch is now exceptionally important almost more important than the player filling the role. You've to pay a huge amount of attention to your tactics to make sure they have a logical consistency and are fluidly working.

If you're not taking the time to study your opposition and exploit their weaknesses, planing for your strengths while maintaining the moral... it's the quality in your team that's compensating for you not doing as much as you could be. If the opposition is on their game, you need to be too... not just your players.

What kind of specific details do you want me to post btw?

Explain the tactic in great detail explaining exactly how you want it to work and what steps you've taken to get the players to preform well in their roles.

Back