I just can't get logos, facepacks, kits to work on a Mac

revdgreen

Reaction score
Hi All

First time post from someone returning to Football Manager following a time away (and only just bought FM10).

I am now on a Macintosh computer (running 10.5.8) and for the life of me, I can't get new logos, facepacks or kits to work (with one exception) and I can't work out why.

Firstly, let me clear up the obvious things people will say:

Yes, I have created a folder called 'Graphics' inside my FM installation (see screenie)

screengrab.jpg

Following another thread where this was talked about, I also tried 'Graphics' instead of 'graphics' but that didn't make a difference.

I have unpacked the downloads, I have gone into Preferences, I have unticked 'Use Skin Cache' and also made sure that Reload Skin on Confirm is ticked before loading a saved game or a new game.

Nothing seems to make a difference.

What is really weird is that inside the kits folder is a set of 3D kits for the Blue Square Premier (I started out with Ebbsfleet) and they work. However, the Premier league kits in a separate folder don't work. Moreover, the fm-base logopack and also the premier league facepack don't work at all.

I do have the Megapack facepack downloaded as well but that doesn't work either.

Can anyone help? I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I can't see that it's a Mac issue and what is driving me nuts is why the Blue Square Premier kit set works and nothing else does!!!

Gah! Any wisdom or advice would be really appreciated.

go to

Finder > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > Graphics > Create folders for Kits, Faces & Logos

then it should work now

Thanks for responding.

Can I just be a bit thick and ask a clarifying question? Are you saying that basically I need to create folders for 'kits', 'faces', 'logos' respectively within the Documents part of the SI installation rather than in the Apps part?

Just to update this thread for anyone else struggling since I followed the advice from madridboy and it has worked (YAY!):

Basically, just create your graphics folder in the Documents part of the SI installation rather than in the Apps part - once you have a graphics folder, just lob any folders as needed into that graphics folder and when you reload the skin, it all works!!!

Just to update this thread for anyone else struggling since I followed the advice from madridboy and it has worked (YAY!):

Basically, just create your graphics folder in the Documents part of the SI installation rather than in the Apps part - once you have a graphics folder, just lob any folders as needed into that graphics folder and when you reload the skin, it all works!!!

yea that's how it works mate