I need help please!

• Thread starter Thread starter cmcgreevy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 717

cmcgreevy

Reaction score
I have been a fan of FM for 4 years. I have loved every single game until now. Don't get me wrong I still love FM13 but in a way that makes me feel like the grandparent who loves that their grandchild is good at that "Twitter" thing. I just can't understand it anymore!

I always adhered to the policy that MrHough and TBH and Raikan will consistently release tactics for me to use that will make me feel like I'm on top of the world and Mourinho can suck it because I'm the new god at managing! However this year's game has left me downhearted because this is evidently no longer the case. So i decided I would try and understand the inner workings of the game to develop my own tactic and after several seasons ingame I have come to the conclusion that I don't know jack about it. I have tried studying opposition and tailoring my approach accordingly, I have tried using shouts without adjusting sliders pre-game, I have tried using tactics from this very site but ultimately I fail every time.

I cannot fundamentally understand how a Tottenham team containing Dembele, Steven Fletcher, Adeybayor, Sigurdson, Lloris, Fellaini and Adebayor can lose to Sheffield Wednesday, granted they have a good team, but they only managed to finish the previous season with a play-off win and this year seem to be set on maintaining their position in the BPL. How can Collocini stand on the ball for four seconds before an attacker decides to waken up and steal it from him and score!?!

This is not an "I hate FM13" rant and its not a rant about how the game is broken. I understand the game is not fundamentally flawed but I just can't understand how to play it anymore. SO i turn to you kind gamers to help me learn the ways of the masters in FM13! Please god someone help me :(

I have been a fan of FM for 4 years. I have loved every single game until now. Don't get me wrong I still love FM13 but in a way that makes me feel like the grandparent who loves that their grandchild is good at that "Twitter" thing. I just can't understand it anymore!

I always adhered to the policy that MrHough and TBH and Raikan will consistently release tactics for me to use that will make me feel like I'm on top of the world and Mourinho can suck it because I'm the new god at managing! However this year's game has left me downhearted because this is evidently no longer the case. So i decided I would try and understand the inner workings of the game to develop my own tactic and after several seasons ingame I have come to the conclusion that I don't know jack about it. I have tried studying opposition and tailoring my approach accordingly, I have tried using shouts without adjusting sliders pre-game, I have tried using tactics from this very site but ultimately I fail every time.

I cannot fundamentally understand how a Tottenham team containing Dembele, Steven Fletcher, Adeybayor, Sigurdson, Lloris, Fellaini and Adebayor can lose to Sheffield Wednesday, granted they have a good team, but they only managed to finish the previous season with a play-off win and this year seem to be set on maintaining their position in the BPL. How can Collocini stand on the ball for four seconds before an attacker decides to waken up and steal it from him and score!?!

This is not an "I hate FM13" rant and its not a rant about how the game is broken. I understand the game is not fundamentally flawed but I just can't understand how to play it anymore. SO i turn to you kind gamers to help me learn the ways of the masters in FM13! Please god someone help me :(

It happens, it's called football and that's why we love it. Just look at scores all the time and you will see what i mean. Bradford beating arsenal, Celtic beating Barcelona, bottom of the league Peterborough going to top of the table Cardiff and winning. It happens in real football so it happens in FM too. Yes its frustrating.

I myself winning everything in sight with PSV yet this happens to me when i played a very small team in the cup

View attachment 292415

The next match i played exactly the same way and we got back to winning ways

View attachment 292416

You need to stop taking everything so personal have faith in your tactics and be patient. Decide how you want to play and stick with it no matter what, consistency will only come when you stop fiddling with the teams style.

Thanks for the reply JP. I know its always going to happen, I suppose I've been spoiled using supertactics over the last few years, winning every match comfortably has made me complacent I guess! Will try sticking with one method of play and hopefully the results will come!

By the way thank you for the reply! Been using your tactics over the years and it was your wonder tactic with MrHough I think, a few years back that got John Sutton called up to the England squad!

I'm glad for the advice of a seasoned pro lol

Back