I never get a vote.

boyschewlego

Reaction score
has anybody noticed that when the end of the year comes and the best player awards and shortlists come out it says that each manager gets a vote etc. and in every year I never get to vote. it's been like this in past FMs and has always baffled me why. i get asked who i think will win in press conferences but surely thats not my vote because you can't say your own player and you can't vote for your own player. it's a bit of a mundane subject, so apologies but does anyone know why we don't get to vote or if I can actually vote in future?

I''m pretty sure you only get a vote if you are a national team manager

bondj700 is correct. Only national team managers and the national team captains are allowed to vote. This is the way it works in real life too.

Last edited:
bonj700 is correct. Only national team managers and the national team captains are allowed to vote. This is the way it works in real life too.

Depends what awards he's on about. In the Dutch league you get to vote on the Best Player, Goalkeeper, Manager, & u21 player each year.

Depends what awards he's on about. In the Dutch league you get to vote on the Best Player, Goalkeeper, Manager, & u21 player each year.

True. Also he says that he gets asked in press conferences what player he thinks will win, but can't answer his own players. This never happens to me, I always say my own players when possible. So yeah, some clarification from boyschewlego would be helpful.

True. Also he says that he gets asked in press conferences what player he thinks will win, but can't answer his own players. This never happens to me, I always say my own players when possible. So yeah, some clarification from boyschewlego would be helpful.
sorry mate, i meant that i can vote for my own players in press conferences, i also always vote for them even if it isn't particulary warranted. i thought for domestic awards that i would be able to vote but obviously thats not the case, thats my naivety there. thanks for the help though guys.

Back