Reaction score
Hi! I am 14 years old and i've been playing football manager since 2006. I have spent alot of time on this game so i'm quite experienced.

I am playing on a save with my friend. I am managing Manchester United and he is managing Chelsea. We are fighting against each other and we both have upgraded our teams alot. He got a fantastic start on the season with 6 wins and 1 draw in the Premier League. I started out with 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. That's far away from my expectations and i simply have to do better!

My team has been extremly unpredictable so far in the Premier League. I lost 4-0 against West Ham and played 2-2 against Reading. I also won 3-0 against Barcelona in the pre-season and i won 7-1 against Panathinaikos in the Champions League.

I think the main reason is because i've bought 9 players in the summer. Here are the players i've bought:

Rene Adler (First team player)
Moussa Sissoko (Future first-team player)
Charles N'Zogbia (Backup)
Miguel Medina (Young talent that plays for my u18 team)
Marek Hamsik (Future first-team player)
Sergio Busquets (First team player)
Thiago Alcantara (Young talent)
Gareth Bale (First team player)
Andrea Caracciolo (Tall stiker that spends most time on the bench)

9 new signings. Adler, Sissoko, Hamsik, Busquets, Bale, Caracciolo and N'Zogbia are involved in my first team. Did i buy way too many new players?

Will my team find the form and play outstanding for the rest of the season or will the bad form continue? What can i do tactically to improve my team?

9 new signings. Adler, Sissoko, Hamsik, Busquets, Bale, Caracciolo and N'Zogbia are involved in my first team. Did i buy way too many new players?

Will my team find the form and play outstanding for the rest of the season or will the bad form continue? What can i do tactically to improve my team?

It could the signings, making your team ungelled, especially if you are using an updated databas. Then, you have the singnings from the 09/10 season, the 10/11 update AND your new players :D

As for tactics , its imposible to say as we dont know how you play and within what formation

I play 442 with wingers (it says 4-2-4 lol) against not so good teams and 4-5-1 against good teams.

All of my team instructions are set to default except for marking which is set to zonal marking. The philosopy is balanced.

My starting strategy is standard or control depending on how good the opposition is.

I play 442 with wingers (it says 4-2-4 lol) against not so good teams and 4-5-1 against good teams.

All of my team instructions are set to default except for marking which is set to zonal marking. The philosopy is balanced.

My starting strategy is standard or control depending on how good the opposition is.

Against lesser teams at home, just try to attack instead of control to get that early goal.

I had the same problem. I started my Manchester United save a few weeks ago, under a new transfer update. So i have De Gea, Young, Jones.. Welbeck and Cleverly back from their loans.

My first two pre-season games ended in draws. 0-0 agains't Hibernian and 2-2 agains't Fiorentina. I won the rest of my frendlies, which were US tour games (i made the tour) all by 2-0 margins actually. Then i drew my first game, away at Wigan, and lost my next game at home 3-2 to Newcastle. This is way too ulike united.

I used a 4-4-2 wingers, but obviously it's named 4-2-4, with Young and Nani as attacking wingers, cleverly as my playmaker and ando as my box to box midfielder. With Wayne as a Trequesta and Welbeck as a advanced forward. This wasn't working.

So i changed a few things. I reverted back to normal 4-4-2 but kept Nani and Young as wingers. Except i gave Nani attacking, so he can take the line on and get crosses in, and gave Young support, so he can cut inside and hit those right foot crackers. Also, made Anderson a defensive playmaker, which works better.

This worked, and iv'e won 5 games straight from then on in. 3-1 [H] vs. Tottenham || 1-0 [A] vs. West Ham || 2-1 [A] vs. Arsenal || 1-0 [H] vs. Chelsea || 4-0 [A] vs. Norwich ||

A big improvement, but im still 2nd, because Chelsea had won all their games bar the one agains't us. But the win over them is a good win, as it cuts the gap to 6 points.

Try the tactics i used, it might work. The 4-2-4 didnt really work well.