Iamauser's Abstract 5-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6K

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome everyone to my first ever tactic, so please be kind!

The Formation

Tactics.png

The formation is a 5-3-2 with a Libero, 2 limited defenders, 2 wing backs, 1 advanced play maker, 2 insider forwards, 1 poacher and 1 deep lying forward. I like to make unusual formations, but I find they never really work, but this one I have had some success with.

The Positions

Goalkeeper: A good old fashioned shot stopper is what you want here. Nothing fancy, just someone to stop their shots going in.

(Neuer, Reina, Lloris, Casillas, etc...etc)

Libero: This is probably the most important, and hardest position to get the right player for. I have been using Lucas at Liverpool and Parker at Spurs. I would recommend re-training a defensive midfielder to this position. They need to be a good all-round player. Tackling, passing, heading, strength and stamina are all important here. This player will allow your wing backs to push forward, and not have to worry so much about leaving you exposed on the counter. He will also push forward to the opposition half while on the ball, and break up any counters, and look to play through balls into the strikers.

(Lucas, Song, Parker, Vidal, De Rossi)

Limited Defenders: Like the goalkeeper, what you want here are two no nonsense defenders. Tackle and get the ball away.

(Agger, Lucio, Thiago Silva, Terry, Kompany)

Wing Backs: The wing backs will look to push forward, and provide an option out wide after your inside forwards have cut inside. They will look the put the ball into the box for the strikers to attack

(Enrique, Maicon, Marcelo, Daniel Alves, Andre Santos)

Advanced Playmaker: This is another very important position, one that will be looking to provide lots of through balls for the strikers. I would recommend having a very good backup player for this position, as it requires tons of stamina from the player, and they often end up tired.

(Gerrard, Sigurdsson, Montolivo, Pirlo)

Inside Forwards: The inside forwards will look to cut inside, and, usually, play a through ball, and on the odd occasion have a shot. Have players with the opposite for for the wing they are on for the best results.

(Dempsey, Johnson, Hazard, Ribery, Silva)

Deep Lying Forward: This play will look the be getting both goal and assists. He will need to be a good finisher, passer, and have good composure.

(Suarez, Benzema, Jovetic, Vucinic)

Poacher: This will be the player that gets you most of your goals. Pace, acceleration, finishing, heading and composure are all important for this player. A tall player also helps. Get the right player, and you will be in the goals.

(Damiao, Adebayor, Huntelaar, Podolski​)

Team Instructions

LiverpoolTactics_TeamInstructions.png

Match Prep: Very high teamwork until fluid, then average attacking set pieces.
Pitch Size: Any
OI: None
Shouts: None

The Results

View attachment 262120View attachment 262121View attachment 262122View attachment 262123View attachment 262124View attachment 262125View attachment 262129View attachment 262128View attachment 262127View attachment 262126

The Tactic

Download: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6824

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Last edited:
1) cool looking tactic
2) glad to see you are getting scores like that in the first year of the game, anything post 2018 is like playing with Barca..
3) nice results, can you post some analysis on the tactic?
4) are you using the corner bug at all?
5) what are the team instructions?

1) cool looking tactic
2) glad to see you are getting scores like that in the first year of the game, anything post 2018 is like playing with Barca..
3) nice results, can you post some analysis on the tactic?
4) are you using the corner bug at all?
5) what are the team instructions?

1) Thanks :)
3) Will do now
4) Yes and no. The Liverpool results didnt, the Spurs did. I find it only get a goal every other game anyway. It is implemented in the one I uploaded though
5) Will upload now

Love how the formation looks.
Seems to have gotten you decent results but do you think it'd work with smaller teams?

well done - it looks unusual and very good.

how did you get on in the leagues in both saves?

well done - it looks unusual and very good.

how did you get on in the leagues in both saves?

For the Liverpool results, see my thread here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/103127-taking-liverpool-back-top.html Ive been writing a story on it. I was in the process of tweaking it in all the updates so far, but my next one has the final one.

As for the Spurs one, I only tested it for a few friendlies to see if it was the tactic or just fluke. I am planning to test it with the following teams though:

Brazil
Brighton
Porto

Looks rather interesting, might have to give that a bash. Was it Italy-euro 2012 inspired by any chance?

Looks rather interesting, might have to give that a bash. Was it Italy-euro 2012 inspired by any chance?

Not really. I made a similar tactic a while ago based on Brazil around 2000-2002 but it didnt really work out. This one was loosely based on that formation wise anyway

Not really. I made a similar tactic a while ago based on Brazil around 2000-2002 but it didnt really work out. This one was loosely based on that formation wise anyway

Fair enough, just reminded me of Daniele de Rossi at euros!

Back