B3rtman

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the feed back from my previous post. Anyway as the title suggests im not sure whether to sign Icadi and disregard Lacazette! So heres the problem, after solving my issues with a defender and decent defensive midfileder I started my season very happy with my squad going forwards. So im currently at the half way point of my season and Aubameyang has smashed 24 goals in 21 games so far with Lacazette chipping in with a further 12 in 12 which is good return considering hes had a couple of injuries and not a lot of game time so, I checked the transfer list just out of habit anyway who is sitting there none other than mauro Icadi, with a 95m asking price so I recalled Chambers from loan and put Lacazette on the list I got str8 15m cash for Chambers and Man United offered 44m cash and I renegotiated it to 60m str8 cash so now i got cash to afford to afford Icadi but, im not sure whether to sign him! Now I was going to hold onto Auba till hes around 29-30 so only for another season or two, by that time lacazette would be aound 27-28 so would still get a good 3-4 seasons out of him as his game isnt based solely on pace like Auba. So would you guys cash in on lacazette and sign Icadi or disregard Icadi and continue with Lacazette?

Based on quality i would always choose Icardi. But with Auba it's a luxury and Lacazette is a decent back-up.. I get the dilemma. It's still a lot of money. Personally i would invest in other positions / younger players or save te money.

Icardi all the way, in FM his attributes are miles better even than Auba's ,he should be your 1st choice.

Hey guys thanks for the feed back from my previous post. Anyway as the title suggests im not sure whether to sign Icadi and disregard Lacazette! So heres the problem, after solving my issues with a defender and decent defensive midfileder I started my season very happy with my squad going forwards. So im currently at the half way point of my season and Aubameyang has smashed 24 goals in 21 games so far with Lacazette chipping in with a further 12 in 12 which is good return considering hes had a couple of injuries and not a lot of game time so, I checked the transfer list just out of habit anyway who is sitting there none other than mauro Icadi, with a 95m asking price so I recalled Chambers from loan and put Lacazette on the list I got str8 15m cash for Chambers and Man United offered 44m cash and I renegotiated it to 60m str8 cash so now i got cash to afford to afford Icadi but, im not sure whether to sign him! Now I was going to hold onto Auba till hes around 29-30 so only for another season or two, by that time lacazette would be aound 27-28 so would still get a good 3-4 seasons out of him as his game isnt based solely on pace like Auba. So would you guys cash in on lacazette and sign Icadi or disregard Icadi and continue with Lacazette?

Not sure what tactic you use, but in my arsenal save I used Lacazette as right winger with the raumdeuter role and he was chipping in with goals and assists and then when Auba was injured is play him as the main striker and he was scoring.

I've just finished my second season and ended up finishing 2nd... Neither Lacazette or Auba have hit 20 goals and claimed the role of the main striker!!

I have agreed to buy Icardi for 65M + bonuses taking the fee to £72M...

I was in a dilemma to either sell Lacazette or Auba but decided to sell Auba as he only hit 12 goals last season and seemed to miss a lot of easy chances + he's nearly 30 and pace is his thing!!

I kept Lacazette due to having more years left in him and takes less wages!! he will be back to Icardi for my new season!!

I offered Auba to other clubs and got Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid to offer and ended up selling to Real Madrid for £68M upfront. ( I used Chelsea & Man City to increase bids, was never going to sell to them)

Good Luck your decision!!

What tactic are you using?

In my 2nd season with Arsenal, I won the League, Champions League and FA Cup. My strikers are a rotation of Lacazette and Dolberg (STCL Complete), and Nketiah and Aubameyang (STC Poacher).

I've just started my 4th season and it's still powered by Lacazette, Dolberg and Aubameyang, with a couple of tasty youth prospects coming through. Nketiah went to West Ham after season 3 for around £20m.

Also, how are you using Mkhitaryan? He's worth 15 goals and 15 assists a season.

EDIT - for what it's worth, I tried to get Icardi after the first season and bailed out of the deal at the last minute because of the numbers from my other strikers. It would have been a vanity transfer for me more than anything. Aub is now 31, Lac is 30, and I plan on keeping them both until they're no longer producing. By then, my 2 youth strikers will be at least 20.

Last edited: