Ideal Squad Size

Riddick87

Reaction score
What is everyones ideal squad size, and with players fo which positions? I generally stick between two tactics, 4-4-2 central (4-1-2-1-2) and 4-4-2 diamond, and generally want the following squad (first team only)

GK: 2 - I try to aim for one main keeper, who has more experience, and a youg keeper who is grooming to be a star, but someone who can offer competition.

Defence: I aim for multi-positioned with all players, so RLC is the aim for all 7 defenders.
CB: 3
LB: 2
RB: 2

Midfielders: Again with defence, i aim for multi positioned players as i switch from central to wide, basic aim is players who can play in the following positions, but aim for 7 midfielders

2 DM
3 CM (AMRLC)
2 AMC/FC(Playmaker)

Attackers: I like to have 2 experienced and 2 younger strikers, but its not always possible, having 4 older strikers is a ****** because they all want one of the two spots, if their of similar skill its great for competition!
ST - 4

As you can see, this leaves for a squad of size 20, so theres not much room for depth, eaning when i get injury riddled, which seems to happen a fair bit, i am relying on my youngsters in the reserves. I want to up my squad size, but don't want to have to rotate anymore than i currently do, any ideas which areas i should bulk up in?

3 Keepers
2 RB's
2 LB's
5 CB's
2 RM's
2 LM's
5 CM's
5 ST's

Works for me ;)

I've got a ****-small squad. Got like 19 players. Have to put youth players in all the time.