Ideas wanted for my Liverpool team. Budget £60mio

• Thread starter Thread starter Perikles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2K

Perikles

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've been reading a lot on this fantastic forum. But now it's time for my to get a user - 'cause I need help!

I am entering my third season in FM11 with my Liverpool-team.

The first season was a blast. Won the Euro Cup, League Cup, semi-final in the FA Cup and finished 3th in the league with 78 points and a score saying 81 goals, 28 conceded.

Major signing: Dzeko!

In my second season I struggled a bit but wanted to keep my budget tight so I could get a lot of money before the 3rd season. I bought Marek Hamsik as a central midtfielder and in January I bought Vargas (Peru/Fiorentina) as my new left back.

I didn't win anything but reached the Quater Finals in the Champions League and finished 3rd (again) in the league. But this time with 79 points, 74 goals and 33 conceded. I was only three points from 1st place.

That is why I need your help to optimize my team in the best way.

My tactics have been 4-3-1-2 all seasons and my current lineup is like this:

Pos-name-games-avr.rating last season:

GK: Reina 38 - 7.15

RB: Glen Johnson 33 - 7.17
LB: Vargas 11 - 6.95
CB: Agger 30 - 7.22
CB: Skrel 33 - 7.24

MCR(support): Raul Meireles 34 - 7.05
MC(ball winning midtfielder): Christian Poulsen 27 - 6.90
MCL (attacking): Marek Hamsik 33 - 7.10

AMC (attacking): Steven Gerrard 32 - 7.43

STCR (target man): Edin Dzeko 36 - 7.46
STCL (poacher): Fernando Torres 27 - 7.33

Notable substitutes:
Danny Wilson (CB/LB)
Jamie Carragher (CB/RB)
Lucas (MC)
Joe Cole (MC/AMC)
Maxi Rodriguez (MC/AMC)
Thiago (AMC)
Jermain Defoe (ST)

So now I'm looking for ideas to use my transfer budget of £60 mio.

I've been thinking of a new ball winning midtfielder. But who? And do any of you have ideas for players that will not cost me £40+? Or perhaps I should buy a new CB?

Again, all suggestions are more than welcome. Because I'm really not sure what would be best for my team here.

Hope for lots of replys.

Lars

Moussa Sissoko is very good in CM , Neven Subotic , Simon kjaer as CB , Maybe a AMLRC LIKE Eden Hazard or Neymar

Yea sell Poulsen. Get someone like Andrea Poli.

And yes you do need a CB to build up an invincble team. Try Leonel Galeano,Sebastian Coates,Otamendi,Chiellini.

Also sign Vaclav Kadlec as he will be the one to replace Torres.

Also in one or two seasons Meireles will get a bit old so sign Moussa Sissoko to replace him

Well for me your front three are top drawer, and your defence looks pretty competent. So i agree, midfields what needs improving. Morialies and Poulson need to go!!

Montolivio is a good CM, works hard and also provides assists and goals.

Gotta say Sissoko is a very good should but how about dropping Gerard back to Midfield and buying someone like Eden Hazard? He seems to grow into a world class player for me...

Hi guys

Thanks for the replys so far and the many good ideas. I have testet them all with both looking at the stats myself and by asking my best scout (19/19).

Moussa Sissoko = Man City bought ham 6 month ago so they don't want to let him go.

Neven Subotic = Great lad, I had him in FM10 on my Crystal Palace team. But his acceleration has dropped to 9, positioning is only 14 and his concentration is 11. So I'm afraid that it will cost me some uneccecary conceded goals during the season.
What is you opinion on that? I should be able to get him for around £12 mio.
According to my scout there isn't much difference between him and Agger.

Simon Kjær = That guy is a phenom and being Danish I would love nothing more than having two Danish central defenders dominating. I have actually been negotiating with him before I made this post and he rejected my contract offer. I can get him around £19 mio but he wants £4 mio per year, £4 mio for signing the contract and his agent takes a huge chunk as well. So he will end up rather expensive.
Have any of you bought him in FM11 and how has he played for you then?

Eden Hazard = Manchester City bought him 6 month ago so he will be almost impossible to get.

Neymar = I love the fact that he is only 20 years old. He should be avalible for £18 mio (plays in Santos still). But he plays best as a striker?

Leonel Galeano = Villareal doesn't wanna sell, so he will be expensive as well. And according to my scout he only has the potential to play at the same level as Agger?

Sebastian Coates = Is the name spelled correct?

Otamendi = Love that guy. Bought him plenty of times in FM10. And that little ******* has improved his heading to 16. Good stuff. But Porto doesn't wanna sell (I can understand that) so he will be expensive.

Chiellini = I wanted to buy him but Juventus went mental on me demanded £50 mio for him. Is he worth it?

Vaclav Kadlec = Do you have more information on him? He seems mediocure and his compure (9) is not impressing.

Montolivio = I've looked at him as well. He will cost me £30 mio. Worth it? He looks strong but it's a lot of money for a player.

Poli = Magnificent player for the price you pay. Gonna sign him right away!

Regarding putting Gerrard in as a CM I'm not to fond of that idea. They guy have been involved in 30 goals this season (goals/assist) and was named World Footballer of the Year. So I think that I will keep playing him the way I do.

I can also get Wesley Sneijder for £43 mio ;-)

But it could look like Poli, Simon Kjær and Montolivio is the way to go?

Kadlec becomes the best striker on the game mate! Also yes Coates is spelled correctly.I think you would need to have the Uruguay League Loaded for him.Chiellini is not at all worth 50 million.Montolivo is great but I do think 30 million is a bit too much for any player. Only spent more than 30 million on Aguero(52 million release clause). Way to go with Poli and Kjaer. Signing Montolivo is entirely your choice now. Sneijder also is a bit too much dont you think?

You could try Jack Rodwell,Steven Defour or Ivan Rakitic

Kadlec becomes the best striker on the game mate! Also yes Coates is spelled correctly.I think you would need to have the Uruguay League Loaded for him.Chiellini is not at all worth 50 million.Montolivo is great but I do think 30 million is a bit too much for any player. Only spent more than 30 million on Aguero(52 million release clause). Way to go with Poli and Kjaer. Signing Montolivo is entirely your choice now. Sneijder also is a bit too much dont you think?

You could try Jack Rodwell,Steven Defour or Ivan Rakitic
For Liverpool? :O

Involve Danny Wilson more into your team so that he can get first-team experience, as Vargas, I am guessing is not a very reliable left back.

Buy a new holding midfielder, again, Poulsen not being a greatly reliable midfielder for a team such as yours.

Buy Neymar...he is very good
Also, try Yaya Sanogo, if man utd have not signed him already.
Try Miralem Pjanic for options in midfield.
Dont you have Lucas!!...he turns out to be good enough.
Kjaer is very good...won defender of the year in my liverpool save.

Danny Wilson is immense, play him 75% of the time IMO. Get rid of Poulsen, you can get much much better.
Anthony Annan?

get paulo henrique also from santos. great central midfielder, young, consistent, and i think u can get him at around 15 mil.

I would consider changing your MC role to Advanced Playmaker, move Hamsik there.
Sign Gareth Bale as MCL, Phil Jones as CB and perhaps Javier Pastore/Pjanic to take over after Gerrard.
Might be hard with your budget but what the **** :D

Sean Morrison from Swindon is very good, put danny wilson in CB and put Morrison on the Bench

Mathias Jorgensen mate, he is world class, buy him in every save, he is so consistent :) For ball-winning midfielder try Gojko Kacar, he is brilliant or anthony annan.

Neymar = You should get him for 16-20mil depends if chelsea or some other team go in for him, plays great as a winger/inside forward if you don't use him up front. I use him on the left with messi(cost me 62mil) on the right.

Kadlec = Doesn't start off too great but play him 20-30mins every game and stick him in for the easier games and he will soon become one of the best forwards in the game.

Can't go wrong with Kjær and Poli.

Ball winner Moussa Sissoko is a fairly safe bet, Lukman Haruna plays anywhere in the center of midfield and turns out fairly decent
Have a look for Mario Götze a young german that plays anywhere in midfield, A lot similar to Eden Hazard allthough lacks the physical ability Hazard has, year and a half younger though.
Slightly older player is Guiseppe Rossi, Mid 20's but good solid player to use whilst your youngsters improve.
If you like the Danish have a look at Christian Erikson, plays for Touluose.

You guys are great! I just got home and it's kindda late (live in Asia right now). But I will look at all the players tomorrow and get back to you all.!

This forum is awesome! Thanks everyone!

Back