Idiot chairman

• Thread starter Thread starter DarklinkCL
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3K

DarklinkCL

Reaction score
I'm managing Borussia Dortmund and I'm at the beginning of season 2015/16; in these five years I won the Bundesliga four times and also Europa & Champions League once.

My finances are excellent, always over 100.000.000€ since three seasons, but my board keep ginving me ridicholous low transfer budget, like 20.000.000€...now they just gave me 28.000.000€ but I've got 150.000.000€ in my friggin cashes!

How the **** could this be?

P.S. They ALWAYS reject my requests for more money to spend, even If i'm in the favoured staff of the club.

How the **** do u make 100,000,000? 30mish to win league, 30mish to win europe, 15mish to win dfb, say 20m income from transfers and tickets etc makes a posible 100m income but then youve got wages30mish, transfers out 20mish, other costs, 20m ish means that u could make a maximum profit of 50m ish. Have u sold Gotze and if so how have u won. This is out of intrest not trying to insult u.

I've just joined Bayern Munich after managing napoli for three years and despite having 180 million in the coffers i only got a budget of 40 million, so i know how you feel, i think we'll just have to concentrate on youth.

Well, im managing Dortmund in 2020, with 370M in my finances, and i got 120M to spend but i havent bought a player, a side for young newgens since 2017. But yea, they are cheap

@Cai1234
I usually sell one star player per season, but I always buy a substitute who is even stronger at a lower price: for example, the 2nd season I sold Subotic and Kagawa for 40.000.000€ total, and in their places I bought Yaroslav Rakitskyi and Marco Reus for 22.000.000€ total; in the 3rd season I sold Lucas Barrios for 20.000.000€ and bought Seydou Doumbia for 15.000.000€; in the 4th season I sold Zdravko Kuzmanovic and Ruben Yttegard Jenssen for 35.000.000€ total, and bought for replacement Ganso and Albin Ekdal for 30.000.000€ total. And of course winning prizes and my huge stadium help my finances too. ;)

@Montanaro
lol xD
I did 4 careers with this FM, and the Dortmund's is really a stingy/cheap board compared to others like Valencia's or even Feyenoord's.

@Zyvron
I don't think so, the Westfalenstadion is huge and beautiful, there wouldn't be any reason to build another stadium. ;)

Well, they are German and they choose Merkel to rule them, what do you expect!!??

But, after 5 seasons i believe who dont need to buy anyone if you work very well with your scouts to get the best regens at a lower price. I can do that in my 3rd season!

Put yourself in the chairmans position. Your manager has won the league 5 times in a row and won the Champions League with budgets of around 20 million so why should he change it??

You're doing perfectly well so why would he start spending loads more money? A football club is a business too and it makes business sense to keep the budget as it is

Oh you should see on my Perugia save my chairman selling my best players for no money. For example in my safe Petrucci reached his peak really fast and was around 150 CA and was sold for 3,2 mil to Malaga, while I could have taken from them at least double.
He did that with my best poacher when I was Seria c1b going to Seria B and sold him for just 1 mil. He had something like 70 goals and 40 assists for 2 years and again reached his peak early and was around 130 CA.

I was thinking not to sign many players and just build a core of 16 players, but now I am signing every wonder kid and cheap and good player I can in order to keep a good squad for my next season in Seria A, cause who knows the chairman can sell Crisetig and Cicirretti even. And on top of that even if we have 5 mils he does not want to upgrade anything or create any links and it gets even harder to sign players with average training facilities.

Well, this may seem anti-fun, but its just another aspect in which FM is realistic. You're not always going to have competent, cooperating chairman. Some are bad, some are good, some are greedy, some will just throw money at a club, some will be great at finding additional profit through advertising and sponsorship, some demand ridicolous result in far too short time, and so on.

If you use Genie Scout to check it out, every chairman has his own attributes. I just checked for Dortumnd and their chairman has lowest attribute possible (1 out of 20) when it comes to investing into the club. So there you go.

Back