If you were a Tottenham fan...

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 2K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
... and you can either have a guaranteed top four finish, or a guaranteed FA Cup win, which would you choose?

Just curious, as I am not exactly sure yet, but I am leaning more towards the cup I think.

Let's hear some opinions.

I'd rather finish in the top four because it seems Spurs are too 'big' to the take the Europa League seriously.

Top four. If i was a Tottenham fan i'd love to see the team in the top four rather then the FA Cup, seeing the team in the Champions League would be epic.

FA Cup definitely, because although i think spurs have a really good squad, i just can't see them in the Champions League not sure why. Maybe because im used to the same 4 for so long really.

Nothing beats a bit of silverware, and you have more likely hood of winning the Europa than the Champs, which you can then have a bash at if you can win that

good luck but you aint getting either. . . .

just kidding lads (A)

id say Top Four.

Last edited:
I saw the title 'If you were a Tottenham fan'.....I was going to post 'I would Kill Myself'

Top 4 everytime. The attraction of the world biggest club competition is too much for any club to resist. The FA Cup is like the Mickey Mouse Cup compared to the Champions League.

Sadly, the revenue for the CL means it has to be that. CL revenue would help to fund Spurs a bit more in terms of trying to consolidate the position. Whether they'll push too hard and do a Newcastle or a Leeds in the attempt remains to be seen. Personally my money would be on them struggling in Europe if they get CL football next season - honest opinion and not that I wouldn't be wishing them well even if we didn't qualify.

As a Villa fan, if I were given the choice I would say top four without a doubt. The players the club will be able to attract and the extra funds playing in the Champs League provides is worth more than winning the FA Cup.

After hearing your opinions, I thought I'd share my own.

I think I'd rather take the FA Cup, for a number of reasons:

1. Guaranteed silverware, which always gets the fans buzzing. It seems to also be our way of 'beating' Arsenal, since we never place higher than them in the league table; we need to win trophies while they don't. 8-|

2. Admittedly, if we were to finish in the top four, who realistically thinks we have a chance of doing well for our first foray into the Champion's League? I'm not sure if just qualifying and getting knocked out early is worth the sacrifice of a trophy win.

3. Finishing in the top four does indeed mean a large amount of revenue would flood into the club that year... but I wouldn't like to get reliant on that money unless we were guaranteed top four each season; which we are definitely not.

4. As has been mentioned, winning the FA Cup means entry into the Europa League, which we have a far greater chance of competing in than the Champion's League at the moment.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to see either of them happen. I just think the cup win would be something that would be talked about for longer than getting into the Champion's League and dropping out early on.

I can't be a Tottenham fan, I'm not Jewish :D

No that very immature of me.. I'd take Top 4 over the FA Cup any day.. I mean who competes for that any more? It's a shame but it's pretty much turned into another League Cup, which nobody apart from the lowest teams want to win. And top 4 is Champions League football.. Shame we are getting that spot :)

4. As has been mentioned, winning the FA Cup means entry into the Europa League, which we have a far greater chance of competing in than the Champion's League at the moment.
Whether you give it up is the question though, you may be on another top 4 chase next season and just crash out of the Europa League like Villa did. Most Spurs fans I know don't think the Europa League is worth it because apprently it's champions League or nothing, but then again, they are mugs :S

Seems very pessimistic.. I would say Tottenham are certainly strong enough to get to the group stages and third place would probably be gaurenteed. And even being knocked out in qualifying means you get a place in the Europa League so it's not too bad.. That's how would see it.. Also there is so much more money in the Champions League than in the FA Cup & Europa League put together.

Coming 4th doesn't neccesarily mean you will qualify for the Champions League you have a play-off against another team, and they've made it harder now, so you could get someone like Valencia and lose.
FA CUP I would take, Silverware and Europe

Seems very pessimistic.. I would say Tottenham are certainly strong enough to get to the group stages and third place would probably be gaurenteed. And even being knocked out in qualifying means you get a place in the Europa League so it's not too bad.. That's how would see it.. Also there is so much more money in the Champions League than in the FA Cup & Europa League put together.

Of course I'm pessimistic; I'm a Tottenham fan! All these years of fail are taking their toll on me. (H)

lol.. why oh why would i want to be... anyway, i go for the cup. the current squad would be demolished in the champions league

as i am a tottenham fan i would say top four all day long

Top 4 defo. The Quarter finals is a good achievement in itself.

Im greedy I want the fa cup and the fourth spot.

Back