• Thread starter Thread starter Wynters
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 10K

Wynters

Reaction score
So this is my favorite save so far here's the info, I'm currently in November

View attachment 281417View attachment 281418

Those are the transfers and the current league table, anyway you might as why the title? Il grande Torino?

View attachment 281419

Here's a short summary

Il Grande Torino ("The Great Torino") is the name by which the Torino F.C. team of the 1940s is popularly known. Il Grande Torino set many important records of Italian football, all of which still stand today. Il Grande Torino played with an attacking 4–2–4 formation, 10 years before the Brazil 1958 World Cup team, and some of their game tactics inspired the Dutch Total Football that revolutionized the game in the 1970s.[citation needed]

The starting lineup of Il Grande Torino that died at Superga was: Valerio Bacigalupo, Aldo Ballarin, Virgilio Maroso, Giuseppe Grezar, Mario Rigamonti, Eusebio Castigliano, Romeo Menti, Ezio Loik, Guglielmo Gabetto, Valentino Mazzola and Franco Ossola; the latter's son is now the main biographer of the Club's history.

The Italian national football team's starting lineup in the second half of the forties consisted almost entirely of Il Grande Torino players, which regularly contributed eight or nine starters. On 11 May 1947, for the friendly match between Italy and Hungary 3–2, the starting lineup for the Azzurri was composed of ten Il Grande Torino players plus the Juventus goalkeeper Sentimenti IV. For that game, Italian manager Vittorio Pozzo reserved Italy's starting keeper: Torino's Valerio Bacigalupo.

Challenges- At one point up to 7 Torino players must command a starting role in the Italian National Team for over 1 year

Win the World cup with Australia (Go the Aussies <3!!)

oh cool didn't know that. gonna follow this, hope for an update soon, best of luck

Following, I want to see what you do with the team I chose in FM12.

Your attachments don't show.

Link not working?

In short I bought in a cuople of frees, sold meggiorini (humberto suazo bought in)

With Meggiorini's funds I bought Wellington Nem for 3.5 mil over 48 months and ilsinho on loan

Sitting 5th after 11 games

great signing have him in my fm base once his strength gets up he explodes

Exactly who you guys think, he's amazing

Disaster happened though, went to holiday for 2 weeks (international break thing) so i could get back to the matches

Left it on indefinite though and ive been simmed through to April (earliest game date i could get)

Still floating towards a top ten finish though amd they used the same tactic all year so its all good i suppose

Bianchis almost set the club record for goals in a season which is pretty good, got him called into the italy squad didn't get a start though :/

So basically im gonna start uploading from season 2013/14

END OF THE SEASON!!!

Well we finally finished up, coming back from holiday to find my team floating from fifth when I left to fighting relegation in 16th hurt, I really felt like I let the lads down. I called a meeting and we promised that we'd get the season back on track, five games left all hard opponents. We vowed to do the best we could, and God did they do me proud.

A.C Milan 0-2 Torino
Bianchi, Wellington Nem

Told them to have some fun and go for it, had sixty percent possession and 18 shots to Milan's 8, stunned by that

Juventus 4-3 Torino
Ogbonna, Vives, Bianchi

This game was a classic, we got in front, they led 2-1, we got it to 3-2 and then Ogbonna got injured after I used all three subs, we got run over. Still though they were unlucky, and I told them that as we left with our heads held high.

Pescara 3-5 Torino

Ilsinho, Bianchi (2), Stevanovic, Nem

Dominated but gave two penalties in the last ten, rather disappointed with that, still win's a win.

Udinese 1-1 Torino

Rodriguez

Meggiorini, player i sold comes back and bites me in the **** with a stoppage time leveller, ****** hurt that did.

Cagliari 2-4 Torino

Stevanovic 3, Ilsinho

How my man never played Alen I don't know, anyway when I got back he became my left winger/inside forward. Dynamite, buy him now!!!

So to finish the season we won 3/5 and were unlucky in the 2 we didn't win

League Standings

View attachment 281798

Player of the Month

Alen Stevanovic

View attachment 281800

5 games, 4 goals, 4 assists

Player of the Season

Wellington Nem

13 goals, 8 assists
View attachment 281799

Very well set up for next season, hope all goes well

And if I regretted not giving Alen time in my FM12 game, now I regret it more.

Speaking of said save, I checked it out earlier

Pretty impressive what you did there, hoping for a similar level of success

hopefully you get some funds to strengthen i would recommend ademilson

Pre-Season

View attachment 281898

Well the Season got back underway and after thorough scouting of Brazil, Argentina, Holland and pretty much every decent footballing country in the world I was given 4.8 Million dollars to spend with, targeting a top half finish I set to work weaving my way majestically through the Transfer market to pick up these players

View attachment 281901

The New Superstars of my current XI

View attachment 281902 View attachment 281903

Bodmer a free transfer and Malonga for 2.1 Mil and Lys Gomis

The Future Superstars

View attachment 281899 View attachment 281900

Picking up basically the new Ronaldo and Van Der Sar for a steal, Andrade 5.5 Mil over the next 48 and Potkamp for 600k upfront

The Fixtures
Left the friendlies to my Assistant as I went to the surgeon to have scans on my knee, giving trouble lately. Which reminds me! I never told you my history as a player did I? Well I'm twenty six years old, and while the cane might make you think I was cripple no I used to play soccer professionally. My demise came around after a tackle by Nigel De Jong in the 2010 World Cup, I used to be a striker, I netted 14 goals in 27 appearances for the lions. But anyway that all changed after my leg was shattered in the tackle and It's still mendingtoday piece by piece, I've set myself the challenge of walking unassisted by next year, hopefully a title winning season!

Anyways the Fixtures:

OCG NIce 2-3 Torino
Foglio 0-0 Torino
CS Louhans-Cuiseaux 0-3 Torino
Fiorentina 1-0 Torino (Italian Cup)
Pescara 2-1 Torino (Serie A)
Torino 2-0 Genoa
Torino 1-1 Palermo

So decent start again, here's the table

League Table

View attachment 281910

Player of the Month

Ayila Yussuf

View attachment 281911

End of Season Run-In

So, long time since last update basically I've made a little error in my transfer dealings and Transfers are kinda running me into the ground. However! Top 4 finish could save me and my players, just gotta get there first!

Here's the fixtures I've had

View attachment 282389

Now the League Table

View attachment 282390

And here's the squad so far, with wages I moved on Malouda and Gillet, picking up Rensing on a free.

View attachment 282391

So basically the aim for this season is sneak into the top four and clinch the Champions League, need those funds badly.

END OF SEASON

View attachment 282400

Torino Players enjoying the off-season celebrations

Results
We achieved our goal of a Top-Four finish, finishing third with three games to go, interestingly I found that if I'd settled for 4th I would've only made the Europa League instead due to Qualification places. Thank god we pushed on and got the desired results.

The Run

We were languishing in 9th when we started to tinker with the tactics, then I found the right one and our results went on like this.

Padova 2-0
Roma 3-1
Bologna 2-0
Spezia 1-0
Chievo 1-0
Parma 3-1
Sampdoria 3-1
Juventus 0-0
Inter 1-0
Napoli 4-2
Catania 3-0
Atalanta 0-0

With this we were in 2nd spot and wrapped up CL, then we lost 4-2 to Cagliari before the youngster polished off Udinese and Drew with Novara despite losing 3-0 at half-time

League Table

View attachment 282399

Player of the Month

Ayila Yussuf
View attachment 282397

Player of the Year

Gianluca Sansone
View attachment 282396

The Club

View attachment 282398

Very well set up for next season, aim for this window will be defenders, any recommendations?

From my Fm12 experience, I would say have a look at Michele Camporese, though I wouldn't be surprised if in FM13 he's expensive to get. Also Coates was high quality for me. For leftback Ivan Strinic looked good, though I gave him away for money after half season and little game time (had a world class regen). I never was all too satisfied with the rightback, I think. Regretted selling Bosingwa. Pavel Vidanov was perhaps the one I was more happy with, a player with rather average stats who punched above his weight in FM12. Barely produced any notable performance (though I got a few goals from his throw ins) but it was as rare to produce a poor one, not a single goal against us came from him. I got him when in Serie B, he performed well, kept when in Serie A, the second season in SA he barely played, but in the last games of the season he earned my trust again and became my first pick for the next seasons.

Thanks for those, I'll look at them when I get back to it.

In the meantime, I'm on holidays for the next 2/3 weeks so I thought I'd at least tell you what the season is shaping up to be like.

I'm in fifth after 30 games in March defence this year has been rock solid conceding 19, problem is scoring I've only scored 30 goals sitting i at third last in goals scored, although we do have the best defence in the league by ten goals.

Goalkeepers, rotating Rensing with Potkamp due to Europe,

Defence, brought in Mangani and Coeff, two french players who have been pretty handy so far, just added depth really

Ogbonna and Yussuf are my rocks, Og plays stopper while Yussuf plays Cover,

Midfield is Gazzi, Bodmer in the middle, Stevanovic, Malonga, Andrade, Sansone and Wenlington Nem share the top three

While Andrade, Bianchi, Necid (Bought for 200k :) ) and Malonga as well as a regen called Polimeni work up-front (Only use one striker so they get rotated heaps!)

Look up Aramu in your games nd Verdi, they've been quite handy as well.

League's kinda congested, Juve up top with us four points behind, other teams one or two in front.

I'm still in the champs league, just beat Zenit on penalties to get through to the next stage (There team was awesome, their formation an exact replica of mine, pretty cool challenge.)

Finances are good and the rep's rising, just gotta improve facilities and youth recruitment to get the players I need to take this a step forward.

Keep getting rejected for the Australia job which blows, but eh I'll have it by 2018 (Hopefully!)

The End of 2014/15

Well, the season's finished here's the Serie A table

View attachment 285670

As you can see we finished fourth but that's because I had my sights set on something else at the time in question

View attachment 285671View attachment 285672View attachment 285673

Champions League Champions in our first year.

On the way we beat Barcelona 3-0 on aggregate and Bayern 2-1 in the final

Youth Players

These are the players I've stocked up on and added to my team (No senior players bought apart from Gianluca Caprari)

All regens

Corno and Finizio came in our Youth Supply which is getting better and better each year as we catch up to juve

View attachment 285679View attachment 285680View attachment 285681View attachment 285675

View attachment 285676 View attachment 285677 View attachment 285678

So so far so good, applying for the Australia job now so phase one may be complete soon

Want a good left-back any ideas?​

Wooot! Champions League with Torino. Good to see that.

It still rankles the season I got out in the group stage in the last seven minutes of the last game and then the Champions League was won by OM, who had been unable to beat us and had been inferior in both games.

Back