Illusions.

• Thread starter Thread starter Ross 95
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 2K

Ross 95

Web Designer!
Reaction score
Dontt think there's a thread like this anyway. Post your illusions. Ill start off with an easy one.

It's not much of an illusion this one.

illusion_circles.700.gif

looks like it is moving to me

by the way. kris did you get stuck watching derren brown?

in ross 95's one i see the black hole in the centre getting bigger or is that just me?

sig.jpg

A friend of my Dad's used to have this picture of Sigmund Freud on his wall wall.I was fascinated with it as a child,i cant imagine why.

There is loads on the net and only some are really good ill post some up tomorrow

heres some i found on this site http://www.2dorks.com/gallery/2007/1011-illusions/index.shtml ...
1. the first central circle then appears smaller than the second central circle.
2. This optical illusion makes the parallel straight horizontal lines appear to be bent
3. In the above example, the red seems lighter combined with the white, and darker combined with the black.
4. The illusion plays on the human eye’s interpretation of two-dimensional pictures as three-dimensional objects.
5. In this illustration, the two figures are identical, although the lower one appears to be larger.
6. In the image above, a white equilateral triangle is perceived, but in fact none is drawn.
7. When one stares at the cross for about 20 seconds or so, one first sees a gap running around the circle of lilac disks, then a green disk running around the circle of lilac disks, then a green disk running around on the grey background, the lilac disks appearing to have disappeared or to have been erased by the green disk.
8. One type of motion illusion is a type of optical illusion in which a static image appears to be moving
9. Note, that although the gray rectangles are all of equal luminance, the ones seen in the context with the dark stripes appear brighter than the ones seen in the context with the bright stripes
10.In this figure the black lines seem to be unparallel, but in reality they are parallel

View attachment 11998

View attachment 12000

View attachment 12001

View attachment 12002

View attachment 12003

View attachment 12004

View attachment 12005

View attachment 12006

View attachment 12007

View attachment 12008

Last edited by a moderator:
The kids on the site are probably seeing that.

Back